Wintersun Fans

All Wintersun shows cancelled

There has come again unexpected problems with technology, which will make finishing the "Time" album even more harder than it has been. Which will delay it even more. There´s also some personal problems concerning my apartment.

Because of all the problems, I have fallen under a serious amounts of stress, which is sometimes causing me "writer´s blocks". This album making is now turned into such a "risky business", that I have no choise, but to cancel Summerbreeze and Bloodstock.

The thing is, the album has to be done first, before we can play any shows. Playing just old songs after many years isn´t something we want to do and what probably no one wants to see.
After the album has been mixed, I need to mix again a "backuptrack livemix" (of the synths&orchestrations). Then we have to of course practise the new songs and arrange them into "live format" (especially mine and Teemu´s guitar parts). We also need to update our humble live gear.
All these arrangements take time, so we don´t want to risk it, that we might have to cancel the shows last minute. It must be done now and put finishing the album the number one priority. After the album is done, we will start booking shows again.

I know there´s lots of disappointed people and I have to apologize. But I hope that you´ll understand my decision under these circumstances. I have to put the album first and finish it before we play any shows. Thanks for listening!

Jari

Why do people care if they take forever to finish the album? Their goddamn right.
Speaking of which...
ORwarriOR...want.

Yeah I don't get this either. Wintersun has some shitty-ass "fans"...

I feel like one of the negative byproducts of the internet/downloading era is that alot of younger fans have become super impatient when it comes to new releases. Very few people over the years have thrown the same fits over Testament and Morbid Angel for taking a long time to come out with new music, but when a relatively "new" band takes 5+ years to make an album shit hits the fan. I've also seen my fair share of crying over the typical 3 month promotion cycle of an album (once the masters get to the label, there is typically a 3 month period where the label promotes the album prior to the release, which is why CDs never come out immediately after being mastered)... Where was this bitching 10+ years ago haha? This is old news.

Anyways I sympathize with Jari because this is his first self-production and when you're trying to do this from the ground up and make it sound good in such a short amount of time (usually people build up their studios BEFORE production, not during, so this must be extra daunting). Not to mention programing orchestras! Shit sucks.

Poor Jari!

The making of this album has not been under good stars yet. I hope Jari is not burning out. Let's hope the folks at Nuclearblast give him the time he needs, as well. So good luck Jari!

Nevertheless, wrong band board ... :kickass:

Fortunately, Wintersun's manager is the main booking agent at Rock The Nation, who books alot of NB bands... I doubt that NB would screw that up haha.