Wish me luck

Dazza81

Deliver Us From Darkness?
Jan 21, 2002
Fluffy's Secret Place
Visit site
I decided to give up smoking :mad: Bought nicorette chewing gum today and theyre helping me so far, even though they taste like shit (chew a regular gum for 2 hours, take it out and leave it somewhere for another 2 hours and start chewing it again... you get the picture). I still didnt manage not to smoke, but only smoked 4 today at least. Its also the first day in a long ass time when I didnt buy cigarettes, so more booty for me :lol: Anyway, I hope to be able to stop completely till the end of the week and hopefully Ill be able to cut the gum a couple of weeks after that. Wish me luck, coz I really need it. This is gonna be the toughest thing I ever did, but (hopefully) it will be worth it in the long run :cool:

i think you should stop right now. thats the only way forward. just stop. like a real man. no rewards. no chewy.

I wish You good luck...but in fact If You don't stop right now....it will be harder tomorrow...sad but true...or You can just say to Yourself: I will only smoke on partys ..and smoke only on partys ; )

best wishes to You

I smoked my last own cigarettes on sunday. On monday I borrowed only two, and they didn't even taste good :cool: Yesterday I only took like two huffs from my mates ciggie.

Now I ain't thinking of quitting for good, but just cut down dramatically. So far so good.

aye just stop. But what it really takes to stop the ciggie isnt a chewing gum, it is the will to stop, if you have a strong will that pushes you to stop it then you will, if you want to rely on artificial stuff and put your will in a chewing gum, then you won't let it go easily and it'll really be difficult, so just like Mariner said, just stop and be strong.

and dont write about it in forums cos it only makes you think about it more.. keep yourself occupied.

http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/tobacco/consquits.htm
  • Set a quit date.
  • Change your environment.
    1. <LI type=1>Get rid of ALL cigarettes and ashtrays in your home, car, and place of work.
    2. Don't let people smoke in your home.
  • Review your past attempts to quit. Think about what worked and what did not.
  • Once you quit, don't smoke—NOT EVEN A PUFF!
  • Tell your family, friends, and coworkers that you are going to quit and want their support. Ask them not to smoke around you or leave cigarettes out.
  • Talk to your health care provider
  • Try to distract yourself from urges to smoke. Talk to someone, go for a walk, or get busy with a task.
  • When you first try to quit, change your routine. Use a different route to work. Drink tea instead of coffee. Eat breakfast in a different place.
  • Do something to reduce your stress. Take a hot bath, exercise, or read a book.
  • Plan something enjoyable to do every day.
  • Drink a lot of water and other fluids.
par0131.gif

Yeh come on you can do it, and if your going to london i'll be able to keep an eye on you :Smokin: my mum was on them chewy's and she hasnt smoked for like 12 years, or more so come on, :hotjump:

Dazza81 said:
Whats going on in the spoken part? C'mon, you know you wanna tell me ;)
its sth like 'are there any smokeys with 'sth i dont understand' if you want a smokey 'dont understand this as well'

its in a sample running in the song. funny that i opened this thread while this one was playing lol

Just dont smoke like, and as Dora said ,shut up about it then you wont think about it as much. The fact that you mightn't buy and smoke cigarettes anymore is not important at all, not even worth mentioning. Just dont buy them like.

It needs some balls to get rid of it once you're hooked like,i have never smoked,i cant bear the smell and the taste.Follow Dora's advice and you'll feel much healthier once you stop it.Just dont start eating too much instead :)