Within The Ruins - NEW ALBUM

rino655

you boyz been to mexico?
Jul 1, 2009
Hey I heard a single from the new album for Within the Ruins and thought it was pretty cool stuff. The guitars were ENGL's and sound bad ass and Im not sure who engineered/mixed it but it sounds alot like a JS mix. Anyway, I thought I would see if anyone else dug this band and had an opinion on the mix/song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recorded by Joshua Wickman. Rhythms are pod farm and solo stuff is 5150 and engl. i really love their new songs.;)

Nice! thanks for the info, I really like his mixes. I remember goin to see them live and they were the funniest/most stoned band on the bill.

Recorded by Joshua Wickman. Rhythms are pod farm and solo stuff is 5150 and engl. i really love their new songs.;)

holy crap are they really pod farm? if so anybody know the settings?

probably one of the BESTTTTT guitar tones ive ever heard. fuck they sound soo good.:worship:

i wish we could know more about them, joshua! could it possible to post some of the specs? this is my ideal guitar tone :)

holy crap are they really pod farm? if so anybody know the settings?

probably one of the BESTTTTT guitar tones ive ever heard. fuck they sound soo good.:worship:

i wish we could know more about them, joshua! could it possible to post some of the specs? this is my ideal guitar tone :)

Caparison guitar with emg85 in the bridge and a custom set of strings with 70's on top. We used new strings for each song as well.

Normal pod settings with a bunch of cuts after the pod and no boosts. No C4 and some waves L1 on the guitar buss to level a few things out.

damn i love this video too. props on this recording man, you really put that last album (sonically and production wise) to shame.

Well It really depends on the tunning of the guitar and changes with that. I made like 3-4 different cuts on this, I want to say one was around 7k and then 2k and I cant even remember the others. I would have to pull up the session to see what I did exactly. I think all my cuts were pretty narrow and nothing above a 6db cut.