Woa 2002

Gaunerin

vanquish the pain
Oct 5, 2001
ensamhetens vildmark
So.....Marlies and I were talking about arranging a meeting before the Evergrey gig - in case someone's interested!?

So, who from the board will be at Wacken and do you have a suggestion for when and where to meet?

I hope before the gig, those bands are not so important, although I do want to see some of Stormwitch at least. But after Evergrey I HAVE to see Mezarkabul (better just stay in the front row;)) so I'm voting to meet before the gig. Either all in the front row or maybe it's better to meet earlier, like 10 or so near the stage? Let us know..

On the Evergrey mailinglist we kinda agreed (unless many complain;)) to meet RIGHT AFTER the gig, on the right side (facing the stage) of the partystage. But since Silkie, Cora and I will already be in the front row maybe you can find us before the gig! But after the gig at the latest - deal? :)

xxx Marlies

They ruled in spite of all the technical problems.
Marlies... thanx for shaving off my face with you hair muhahahah.
Nice to meet you all again, even though I was lost almost the whole time... TOO much Absinth =)

By the way... I was doing the Madonna Vogue to Blind Guardian.

@ Strahd: I understand you want to know the setlist of BG?
It was something like that:

War of Wrath
Into the Storm
Welcome to Dying
The Soulforged
Valhalla
Lord of the Rings
Mordred's Song
Majesty
The Bard's Song
Time Stands Still
Born in a Mourning Hall
Nightfall
The Script for my Requiem
And Then There Was Silence
Bright Eyes
Lost in the Twilight Hall
Journey through the Dark

Got it from the BG forum, haven't seen much of BG myself this time :eek:
But Hansi's vocals were worse again; when I saw them on their tour in spring he was much much better.

As for Evergrey at WOA: I'll always love to see the band play and at least the technical problems gave us the opportunity to throw in some "Evergrey" or even "Everbeer" :p screams :D

The meeting right after the show turned out to be a meeting of people who already knew each other though - where were all you guys? :confused:

Originally posted by Gaunerin
As for Evergrey at WOA: I'll always love to see the band play and at least the technical problems gave us the opportunity to throw in some "Evergrey" or even "Everbeer" :p screams :D

The meeting right after the show turned out to be a meeting of people who already knew each other though - where were all you guys? :confused:

Yeah, I would like to know where they have been...

Evergrey had a great audience at Wacken :)

@Saxiquine:
hell yeah, they ruled!!! Tom put his frustration about the technical probs in his singing and it showed! He was in top shape! And the crowd.. 5-6000 instead of 1000 or so that we all expected. And cheering too! All that made it the most special and favorite Evergrey gig for me! (@Tom: I'd never lie to you hehe).
And you're welcome (for shaving off your face with my hair) LOL!!

@Mezarkabul
I went out of my way to see Mezarkabul and they were GREAT! I loved the show. Unfortunately there were hardly any people there:( They arrived too late and the schedule had been turned upside down a few times. Luckily I managed to see them!!! But I was bummed that there was no merchandise of them at the merchandise stand and that I didn't show their faces backstage (or at least I didn't see them). Do you have a connection with the band, btw, or are you 'just';) a fan?

Another favorite show was Dragonlord, Vanden Plas were outstanding (never saw Andy that energetic!) and Amon Amarth very impressive *growl*:)

About the meeting.. where were you? Forsell, weren't you there? Lotta said she saw you..