Woa 2002

Originally posted by Marlies
I went out of my way to see Mezarkabul and they were GREAT! I loved the show.

I thought their stageacting was a little bit boring. I agree they did a good job musically though.

Vanden Plas were outstanding (never saw Andy that energetic!) and Amon Amarth very impressive *growl*

Yep!. Unfortunately I missed parts of the Vanden Plas set. I have been still on the campsite when I suddenly heard them play and I began to run (swearing) over to the festival area.
Amon Amarth were absolutely \m/ :headbang:

Originally posted by Gaunerin
@ Strahd: I understand you want to know the setlist of BG?
It was something like that:

concerning the BG-setlist, there are definetely missing "Mirror Mirror" (last song) and "Imagonations From The Other Side (first encore or last song before the first encore or something ... ;)) !!!
And the running order is mixed up too ... just to let you know ... :)

But Hansi's vocals were worse again; when I saw them on their tour in spring he was much much better.

I don't care about the voice, the setlist was great, and the pyros ruled too, so how cares about the sound ??? :lol: :D :D :rolleyes: ;)

And to mention something about the Evergrey-gig, the sound wasn't too good, but it was one gig I did watch from the beginning to the end and I liked it, saw them the first time, and I hope it wasn't the last ! :)

And as far as the meeting is concerned ... I was there ! :D

@Gaunerin: you're right, the stage acting of Mezarkabul could be better. Esp. the singer, who is not tied to the microphone standard because he has to play guitar or something, hardly moved away from that microphone standard:( But musically I loved it all:)

@Cornholio: you were at the meeting? Right after the show? No one came up to us girls (or at least I didn't notice). Silkie, Cora, Lotta and I were there, Alina from the mailing list was there and I talked to a guy, Jens, who came to meet me. We've been looking around :confused: and even shouting Everbeeeer! to try and get some reactions:) That was it.. What did I miss??

Originally posted by d-nurse
@Gaunerin: you're right, the stage acting of Mezarkabul could be better. Esp. the singer, who is not tied to the microphone standard because he has to play guitar or something, hardly moved away from that microphone standard:( But musically I loved it all:)

@Cornholio: you were at the meeting? Right after the show? No one came up to us girls (or at least I didn't notice). Silkie, Cora, Lotta and I were there, Alina from the mailing list was there and I talked to a guy, Jens, who came to meet me. We've been looking around :confused: and even shouting Everbeeeer! to try and get some reactions:) That was it.. What did I miss??

OOPS!!:eek:
The above message was mine!! I have to get used to the fact that both Nico and I post here now, so we have to watch who's logged in at the time :D

OOPS!!:eek:
The above message was mine!! I have to get used to the fact that both Nico and I post here now, so we have to watch who's logged in at the time :D

:lol:
.....and I already thought...."wow, what happened to Nico, he now believes he's a girl" :D :lol: ;)

Originally posted by Cornholio
I didn't mention it because I didn't know about the meeting, I haven't read this thread before leaving ...

But you should remember me ... the blond guy called Patrick ... that's me ! :D

err......Corny....I think Marlies remembers you very well. But she didn't recognize you here in the forum until this morning since she didn't know your nick :p

I thought their stageacting was a little bit boring. I agree they did a good job musically though.
I wasn't very impressed with Mezarkabul's stage acting...
I like most of their songs, but some parts of the songs were kinda boring IMO...

Amon Amarth were absolutely \m/ :headbang:
Yes, they were great \m/ :devil: \m/

@ d-nurse, welcome on board... well first time I see you here :D

@Mezarkabul
I went out of my way to see Mezarkabul and they were GREAT! I loved the show. Unfortunately there were hardly any people there:( They arrived too late and the schedule had been turned upside down a few times. Luckily I managed to see them!!! But I was bummed that there was no merchandise of them at the merchandise stand and that I didn't show their faces backstage (or at least I didn't see them). Do you have a connection with the band, btw, or are you 'just';) a fan?

Well I am sort of friends with their drummer Cenk. How many people were at the show approximately? Was the attendance relatively low when compared with other bands like Blind Guardian and Bruce Dickinson or even low when compared with the most obscure bands around?

What kind of merchandise were you looking for at their stand? Are you aware that the band is going to release a Turkish album this week? It will only be released here in Turkey though. The title of the album is Bir.

Gaunerin,

What kind of stage presence were you looking for at the Mezarkabul show? You didn't really expect them to paint their faces like clowns and jump around the stage like Motley Crue, did you?

Mezarkabul,

I think there were just a few hundred people there, maybe some more by the end of the show. Other bands on the same stage usually had 1000-6000 people. I think many people didn't know they were playing because the schedule had been changed (Mezarkabul arrived too late). Which is also the reason we had a chance to see Amon Amarth instead!

At the central merchandise stand (at those festivals the bands have to sell their shirts through that central stand) I looked for a t-shirt of Mezarkabul. Nothing special, I don't know what kind of shirts they have. But there was nothing at all :(

And if I may answer your question to Gaunerin too: of course we didn't expect something like that! In fact, we all love bands to be natural, no fake posing stuff. All we expect is that a band is moving on stage and showing they have fun in their music and want to interact with the fans. Esp. the singer didn't do much more than singing behind his microphone standard. From a singer who has no instrument to tie him down, one expects more action as a frontman, like walking to the sides, coming to the front more, etc. That's all;)

Well Mezarkabul being a very doom-laden metal band their stage acting would be more suitable for me that way... Murat isn't Bruce Dickinson you know. :) Mezarkabul's music is very doomy, depressive and sad... that IMO doesn't call for an over-active singer. Just my 2 cents of course. :

No, not an over-active singer, just one that doesn't stay in one place. He could take his mike and stand on various places at the front of the stage, and singing his emotional lyrics a bit more directly to the fans. Something like that.

Just trying to imagine Murat running around like Bruce... nah that sure wouldn't fit! :lol: :D

And if I may answer your question to Gaunerin too:

Of course you may! Couldn't have said it better anyway. Thanx Marlies :)

Didn't know of that turkish album though. Hehe....is it titled "Bir" because it's the first turkish release? "Bir" is turkish for "one" if I'm not completely mistaken.

Originally posted by Cornholio
I didn't mention it because I didn't know about the meeting, I haven't read this thread before leaving ...

Ditto...

Hey, Corny, where were you? Did you get my SMS with the details of my camping site? Too late now, but just interested if it work...