Woah! Sonata Arctica covers Vanishing Point!!!

Celestial-Todd

The Incredible Bulk
Aug 29, 2002
Western Sydney
www.myspace.com
Yeah so I cut and pasted this from elsewhere... but fuck me!!!!

Finnish melodic metallers SONATA ARCTICA laid down cover versions of VANISHING POINT's "Two Minds One Soul" and DEPECHE MODE's "World In My Eyes" during the recording sessions for the group's new album, "Reckoning Night", due later in the year through Nuclear Blast Records. The album, which is described by the band's vocalist, Tony Kakko, as "heavier and rougher" than its predecessors, is currently being mixed, with plans to complete the sessions by the end of June. Songtitles set to appear on the follow-up to 2003's "Winterheart's Guild" include "White Pearl, Black Oceans...", "The Boy Who Wanted to be a Real Puppet", "Ain't Your Fairytale", "Wrecking the Sphere", "Blinded No More", "Reckoning Day, Reckoning Night" (instrumental) and "My Selene".

Just bumping up an old thread... I haven't heard the cover yet, but I have the new album and I think it's by far their best one ever! So many awesome songs but the stand-outs are "Misplaced", "Don't Say A Word" and "White Pearl/Black Oceans"

And although I haven't looked into it that much... the lyrics seem to have improved alot!

they've improved, but i still reckon it's not that great an album, especially given the hype around these guys in europe. the lyrics have improved, but they're still horrid in some cases.. and some of the songs sound so ... what's the word... childish or something, i can't put my finger on it!!

Celestial-Todd said:
Actually I don't it's that bad really.... given the subject matter

Then again, from what I can tell W.P/B.O is about a lazy lighthouse keeper! :lol:

Actually, he was out getting shagged :Spin:

Man, Sonata rule so bad, in an even badder way. I wanna see them and then maybe move to Finland and exercise Everyman's Right.

I made a drawing the other day of the boy who wanted to be a real puppet, I should post it here, but I probably shouldn't. It had Tony in it.