Woah...

Psychonaut

God Of Emptiness
Nov 29, 2002
Second left after Wal-Mart
Visit site
I don't know if I'll be able to stay away from this show despite the hefty ticket prices. They just sweetened the pot!

It took a while to locate the band, who were in the process of recording a new album. Then they had to sort out plans for overseas, but BW&BK is proud to FINALLY announce that METAL CHURCH will headline the second annual BW&BK 6-Pack Weekend. In preparation for the release of a new album, METAL CHURCH will mark their return to the live stage with an EXCLUSIVE appearance at the BW&BK

6-Pack Weekend, June 2-5, 2004, in Cleveland, Ohio.

The BW&BK 6-Pack Weekend takes place June 2-5 (including warm-up shows on Wednesday & Thursday, separate admission required) at The Odeon, in Cleveland, Ohio, with performances (many EXCLUSIVE to this event) by KATATONIA, PRIMAL FEAR, GRAVE DIGGER, DISMEMBER, FLOTSAM & JETSAM, DORO, SHOK PARIS, BRAINSTORM,

E-FORCE, SEVEN WITCHES, SHADOWKEEP, DREAMS OF DAMNATION, ION VEIN and LILITU.

Note: This lineup also includes a special acoustic set with Midnight and the guitarist from Crimson Glory.

sixxswine said:
It's not the REAL Metal Church is it?!
Isn't it their version of the current RATT, WARRANT or DOKKEN?!
One member same name?!
I think we talked about this earlier.... two members remain, but they are the core of the band. The band leader (who didn't even play on three of their albums, but wrote 95% of their songs, Kurdt Vanderhoof (guitar) is still in the band. Also drummer extroidenaire Kirk Arrington, their most technically advances member ever to play in the band by leaps and bounds, is also still in the band. I normally don't like those "pseudo" bands that have only one or two members from the original, but Metal Church is an exception to the rule. They changed singers and guitarists after "The Dark" which changed their style, but it was still super high quality stuff. I think Kurdt is one of those guys that can find the "right" members to keep the machine running just as long as his creative well is still wet with songwriting ideas.

Bryant

I think Kurdt is one of those guys that can find the "right" members to keep the machine running just as long as his creative well is still wet with songwriting ideas.

yeah, Overkill is the same way with D.D. and Blitz calling the shots all these years. And they're stronger than ever in my book! I think they currently have one of the best line-ups they've ever come up with.
I do look forward to hearing what this next metal Church sounds like. I must admit, I was a bit disappointed with Masterpeace.

~Hoyt.