WOODS OF YPRES at 'Noctis II' in Calgary, Alberta, Canada!!

The info on the website is correct. It had yet to be announced, but WoY had undergone some changes during our year long hiatus, and so, the GATES OF WINTER guys are helping us out in playing these festivals this fall. As for WoY, it's been a long story kept primarily to ourselves personally, but the choices that have been made about the future of the band were all logical, realistic ones. It will all make sense one day, but in the meantime, the show goes on! :) It must!!!

Does this mean its gonna be DG + GoW backing = WoY on the August-September shows, or is it going to be the more typical live line-up, in other words, with Dan, Jessica, etc?

Does this mean its gonna be DG + GoW backing = WoY on the August-September shows, or is it going to be the more typical live line-up, in other words, with Dan, Jessica, etc?

The shows in August and September are GATES OF WINTER, only. I'm drumming.

So far, WOODS OF YPRES has a few dates booked this fall, which will include new session members. Time will tell if we'll have the pleasure of announcing a few more shows while we're at it.

This past spring, at different times and for their own reasons, Dan and Jessica had both informed me of their decisions to part ways with WOODS OF YPRES. There are still a few details to be worked out, which is why I had yet to make any announcement until now. Basically, it's otherwise private and personal, until any further notice. As I mentioned before, and as expected, it's sometimes unfortunate when things may change like this but the show must go on! Thanks for your interest.

DG - \w/

That sucks :( But losing some band members definitely never stopped you before, and you're clearly just as determined as ever to keep the train rolling, as the way it should be \m/

well if it is any consolation.. Brian Holmes looks like a 12-14 year old girl
in any case Joel, I look forward to meeting you and having one at that Beer Garden outside the event!!

Hey fuge well actually I don't know if I'll be drinking at the show or not since I'll be with my cousin who is only 17 so I wouldn't want to leave her all by herself lol although she looks a lot older so she might be able to sneak in! I don't drink that often anyway I much prefer smoking pot since I am from BC and all. :)
Well I'm kind of shocked the other two members left, but it'll still be rad as hell to see WOY live and oh on a side note I spoke with my uncle yesterday and it is perfectly ok if I stay with them!

Joel

Hey David will you be carrying along any Gates of Winter CD's in your handbag? I wouldn't mind getting my grubby hands on one of them discs. Stupid question. Are you the drummer on the CD or had you not joined the band yet?

Joel

DG just joined the band, so he's not the one on the CD. I'll let you know if he owns the stuff live though :) (Which he obviously will)

Hey David will you be carrying along any Gates of Winter CD's in your handbag? I wouldn't mind getting my grubby hands on one of them discs. Stupid question. Are you the drummer on the CD or had you not joined the band yet?

Joel

Hey man. We will have Gates CDs present and maybe a few shirts... but nothing to take away from the epic-ness that the Woods show will bring :headbang:

For the recording, the previous drummer Jon Harvey recorded the drums. Dave joined mid July and we've been practicing and gearing up for tour ever since. If you go to www.gatesofwinter.com you may order direct from the band for $20 with the shipping included if that's an option as well.

In any case - look forward to meeting you come October!! And Dauden.. the songs never sounded better or tighter than they do now with DG on the skins.. easily without a doubt the best drummer we've ever played with and 2nd only to Yanic Bercier to drummers I have seen/shared the stage with.

Time off booked, plane tickets bought and booked, and concert tickets bought! :kickass: I'm nearly broke, but I don't care! Fuckin rights I'll see you all in a few short weeks. Anyone else stoked to see Dark Forest and Ahab as well as WoY?

Joel

So how was the show? I missed it due to still being fried from PPIX, catching up at work and then Helloween/Gamma Ray 2 nights before. Being old sucks :erk: