woods rules

Evan Loback said:
I know, eh?? The artwork kicks ass too. I love beer with good label art. Right at the moment I'm enjoying a beer brewed by Unibroue called "Ephermere". I bought it in Quebexico earlier today. Anyway, beautiful artwork on the bottle. Some chick, I guess a fairy, maybe? In front of a mountain lake background.
Quebexico?

Can I bring some of my bands up to play in Canda with the legendary WOY. I got some mail at the post office.. I have to pick it up soon - I hope it's my shirts and CDs. WOY RULES!!! can I bribe you guys to come play Boston?

The sun was in my eyes. And it can be in your eyes too if you come down to sunny Florida to play a few shows. To a person who claims to never having had anything: here in Florida, you can have EVERYTHING! So please, don't subject me to summer's envy, afterall I remember a certain someone taking a vow from a certain day forth to continue to give to this world knowing he may never receive.

This message brought to you by Tropicana Orange Juice.

IM003971.JPG

Good morning! (Good Morning!) Have a Tropicana Morning! (Part of this complete breakfast).

Black Tears said:
The sun was in my eyes. And it can be in your eyes too if you come down to sunny Florida to play a few shows. To a person who claims to never having had anything: here in Florida, you can have EVERYTHING! So please, don't subject me to summer's envy, afterall I remember a certain someone taking a vow from a certain day forth to continue to give to this world knowing he may never receive.

This message brought to you by Tropicana Orange Juice.

IM003971.JPG

Good morning! (Good Morning!) Have a Tropicana Morning! (Part of this complete breakfast).

That is possibly one of the most clever and funniest posts I have ever seen.:Spin:

I can't stand Harpos, awful venue, ridiculously high stage. Can anyone explain the bands history with Harpos?

04b6bae0.png

http://www.harposconcerttheatre.com/

I saw a ton of shows @ Harpo's when I was living and going to University in Windsor, Ontario a few years back. I have so many good memories of drinking beers and listening to metal during those magical years of...drinking beers and listening to metal. Though they have a lot of nu-metal shows coming up there right now (see their website), that is usually the place that most underground metal tours hit in the Detroit area.

Basically, because I saw so many shows there, it has become a goal of mine for WoY to eventually play Harpo's, at least once, just to do it. Personally, I can't help but the love the place!

Best show there: "DOWN", at the one and only show they ever played in Detroit, ever, while on the 'II' tour.

David Gold said:
04b6bae0.png

I saw a ton of shows @ Harpo's when I was living and going to University in Windsor, Ontario a few years back. I have so many good memories of drinking beers and listening to metal during those magical years of...drinking beers and listening to metal. Though they have a lot of nu-metal shows coming up there right now (see their website), that is usually the place that most underground metal tours hit in the Detroit area.

Basically, because I saw so many shows there, it has become a goal of mine for WoY to eventually play Harpo's, at least once, just to do it. Personally, I can't help but the love the place!

Best show there: "DOWN", at the one and only show they ever played in Detroit, ever, while on the 'II' tour.

What a band, I really wish DOWN had kept going.

David Gold said:
04b6bae0.png

I would love to see you guys play there regardless ofcourse! But I saw Opeth play there last year and only found it enjoyable on the balcony.

Hey Dave what you major at the U? I'm in my second year at windsor. And its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be :mad:

I would love to see you guys play there regardless ofcourse! But I saw Opeth play there last year and only found it enjoyable on the balcony.

Hey Dave what you major at the U? I'm in my second year at windsor. And its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be

I took business and majored in marketing. I stayed in Cartier Hall first year (my window looking out on to that crusty old cemetary accross the street), then lived downtown on Oullette after that. I was there from 1999-2003, during the years when it was honestly pretty crummy, when MacLean's magazine ranked it 28/29 of all Canadian Universities. I don't have too many great things to say about the UofW, but my degree did help me land a job almost right out of school ("The degree that works!" as their slogan goes).

Aside from the school itself, I did find other interesting things to do with my time while in the area, such as working in the metal section at the HMV, had a campus metal radio show called "Sonic North" with a friend/co-worker of mine at CJAM 90.1, I interned in promotions at 101.3 WRIF in Detroit for a year, started Woods of Ypres of course, and drank many a beers at the Loop/Coach downtown.

I don't miss going to school, but I often miss Windsor/Detroit. I'd imagine the UofW is much better now since the new buildings, hi-tech residences, etc...

Hey, I just got Against the Seasons today and noticed the "directions" on the back of the sleeve. I-75 comes all the way down, and straight through Florida. Now, I can't think of an easier route than that!

On that note:

the_end_records_topnav_r1_c1.gif

The End Records, specializing in the fulfillment of all of your Woods of Ypres desires. The End Records and Tropicana Orange Juice, the very sinews of excellence left "Below the 45th parallel." ZING!

Anyone in need of some superb ad work?