woohoo!

circle.gif

I said I am going to make 100 - 150 K a year (which is a very reasonable goal considering 15% of americans make that much and it's much higher among those with at least a bachelor's degree at an excellent university), and I will...
Uh, I can almost say I know for a fact that 15% of Americans do not make over 100k a year. Maybe 15% of working people with a college degree, or maybe 15% of working people over the age of 40. But even that would be a big strectch. I have a huge group of friends, almost all college educated, and all having grown up in affluent suburbs. And only one of them makes over 100k. True, they are all my age, which is relatively young in terms of the workforce, as most of the big earners are over 40. Aside from doctors, lawyers, and successful stockbrokers or salespeople, the only people that make over 100k are VPs, SVPs, EVPs, and of couse CEOs, and sometimes Directors, in larger companies. Lower management, and of course the non-managerial employees, certainly don't make that much, even if they are in the engineering or computer programming field.

Having said that, I suppose it is possible for you to become a successful stockbroker or salesperson, and maybe even claw your way up to upper management, by the time you're 30, if you are ambitious and have the right kind of luck.