Work

Taliesin said:
Woah that's good money! I hope I had a job already.. pff

well benefits/taxes/deductions bring it down to about $2000, and thats what i take home on thursday :D

I make pressing felts for paper machines. The job is quite easy, though it can be a bit stressful at times :Smug: I get about 30 000 €/ year

Work is a burden on the government. In the UK people are always getting injured at work and suing their employers. That is a burden on NHS money and the amount of days of work lost and businesses not being able to focus on their work is detrimental to our society. Work related stress is one of the biggest causes of ill health and there's always foreigners who will do the 500k jobs which are too dangerous for Brits to do and they won't be little pussies and get themselves injured.

Unemployment is the way forward. Discuss.

Now during the summer I have a job at a 'Cereal-Purchaser'...now in summer, all the farmers sell their cereals to this company...

...and I have NO CLUE what they'll pay me...I asked my boss, she didn't know (lol??), she only said 'We pay our trainees more than the banks do'

Wow...

Well, ok, I had my first day today, and the only thing I did in 2 hours was changing the calendars...

...from 'Miss June' to 'Miss Julie'...

I work in a Music Shop in Sydney, Australia. i only get paid like $9.50 Since im 16 and i still go to school. its a dream job :) its really awsome.. and i get huge discounts!

Sphinx said:
I work in a Music Shop in Sydney, Australia. i only get paid like $9.50 Since im 16 and i still go to school. its a dream job :) its really awsome.. and i get huge discounts!

You know, for years it was my dream to some day have my own record shop. But since p2p sharing seems to have gotten music industry by the balls, I won't even bother to try if it would work out.

Since yesterday I work at a finnish localisation company testing mobile softwares in hungarian language until the end of september. If I get lucky they'll renew my contract after that as well.
The unfortunate thing is that they are located in a different town than where I live, so I have to commute every day (approx. 4 hours trip there and back) and it also burns away 450€/month for the travel cards... But I gotta be content with it for the time being, as I couldn't really find anything in the capital yet.

i work as part of a social project from the government. there's this subsidy plan for the poor, and to apply people have to fill out all kinds of forms with all kinds of information about your household etc. i type out those forms into a database through the shittiest program ever. it does pay fairly good + it's inside my university so it's comfortable and quite relaxed, no stuck up corporate policies or dress codes or pressure.

I'm still in school but I have a job for the weekends
I'm a swim trainer, I train kids from 8 to 14, it's not always a fun job but mostly I like it.
and I'm a dishwasher in a fancy restaurant (<- holliday job)

it doesn't pay that wel cause I'm 17 and still in school but money is money

I work at the local movie theatre ooo I get paid minum wage witch is not enought to live off of so all is well hell at least I have a job :Spin: :headbang:

Johanna said:
Studying at the university to become a teacher.

Now during the summer I "take care" of old people..... :devil:

i had to do that for a week, it's not that bad.

CadalMord said:
You know, for years it was my dream to some day have my own record shop. But since p2p sharing seems to have gotten music industry by the balls, I won't even bother to try if it would work out.

when i mean music store i mean Retail, as in we Sell guitars, amps, hi-tech, all that stuff. lol sorry if i didnt make it clear enough