world/folk music

Nu-metal. :lol:

I've gone to a few Native American pow wows before, I don't know of any bands though.

I can't remember if I've heard any Danish folkmusic live, but I have a record by a band called Spælimenninir í Hoydølum, which is a band consisting of people from Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Scotland, USA & The Faroe islands and it has a couple of Dansih songs on it, but they're all uninteresting IMO. It does have some good songs though!
If you would like to hear some native American stuff, then I can clearly recommend the song "Mahk Jchi (heartbeat drum song)" by Robbie Robertson & The Red Road Ensemble! A superb song! It's actually performed by someone called Ulali, which consists of Pura Fe, Soni & Jen. The cd only has one good song besides this though, but I bought it at nice price!
Also if you would like to check out some Caoe Verdian music I can recommend the guy called Bau. I have recently bought 4 of his cd's, but haven't listened that much to them, but I knew the song "Raquel" (as it's on the "Talk to her" soundtrack) when I bought them. He plays guitar, ukuele and some other string instruments, but I think he should stay away from the violin as it often sounds horrible!

I have also started to gain an interest in Cesaria Evora and I have ordered some of her cd's. She's also from Cape Verde like Bau. The song "Petit days" was what started my interest in her.