Worship Music - which version to preorder

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Ok guys. Give me the lowdown on all the available versions (if there are any different versions) of Worship Music to pre-order.

What I really want is the definitive version - like if there is a Japanese or European version with bonus tracks or a piece of Joey's hair in it.

Cheers in advance!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo, special. It better not be that stupid shit where there's 5 minutes of silence at the end of the "last" song then it starts.

I haven't seen a complete track listing for the Japanese version yet. The one they have listed on cdjapan.co.jp only has 12 tracks but I'm certain that's not the final track listing (they don't even have the cover art up for it yet on the site). I thought I saw that there was one version with a Ramones cover but I've yet to hear anyone ever do a Ramones song justice so I'll skip that one.

There's the one version with New Noise, one with the Orchestral Crawl, and then there's the iTunes version that has two making of videos with it.

i know its not anthrax but i hate how they they get overkilled by record companies put all diff versions out,even as a diehard fam i would only ever get 1 album,ill prob order bonus 1 off ebay,bands wonder why people download,its too expensive to by 4 diff versions off a cd just to get 1 song.

Because you're the only source I've read that says New Noise is on the US version. I would think that all these reviews, or at least some of them, of WM would have mentioned it.

I hope it's on there, but you're still the only thing saying it's on the US version.

i know its not anthrax but i hate how they they get overkilled by record companies put all diff versions out,even as a diehard fam i would only ever get 1 album,ill prob order bonus 1 off ebay,bands wonder why people download,its too expensive to by 4 diff versions off a cd just to get 1 song.

I kind of agree. I can see why they stick bonus tracks on the Japan editions though. CDs are quite expensive in Japan, so it's much cheaper for the Japaneese to order a cd from Europe or US. So, the labels have figured out that, by sticking bonus tracks on the releases, they ensure that Japaneese market gets a piece of the pie as well.

I kind of agree. I can see why they stick bonus tracks on the Japan editions though. CDs are quite expensive in Japan, so it's much cheaper for the Japaneese to order a cd from Europe or US. So, the labels have figured out that, by sticking bonus tracks on the releases, they ensure that Japaneese market gets a piece of the pie as well.

They do all sorts of stuff in Japan to entice people to buying that version. Whether it's putting various stickers, posters, different covers, temporary tattoos, special slipcases, pins, glasses (Death Angel's "Killing Season" came with a drinking glass), guitar picks or whatever else they can think of to package with the first pressings, they'll find a way to make buying the Japanese pressing more attractive.