WORST BAND NAMES, YET THE BAND IS GOOD....

Wherewolf

New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2008
In speaking of MANIMAL ,that thread took on an entire new direction, so I figure I would bring it here. What's a band with a goofy/terrible name but the music actually kicks? I'll start with SALTY THE POCKETKNIFE, LOL. I found this cd on cd baby and for a goof listened to the clips and thought it was like Mr. Bungle with female vocals and I bought it, cool stuff.

Bad names, good bands...

Waterclime
Cryonic Temple
Cypher Seer
Irish Coffee
Listeria
Metalucifer
Obstruction
Pretty Maids
Pharaoh
Z-Lot-Z

Edguy--the only answer.

Rhapsody of Fire, if only for the reason that I hate the fact that they had to change the name due to some bullshit.

Any band that came around after the year 1992 with a name that starts with "Dark or Black"---so played out, but there are many awesome bands that still have these ubiquitous names.

Many death and black metal bands: Cock & Ball Torture, Lord Gore, Gorgasm, Gory Blister, Torture Squad (awesome band), etc.

Bands that have intentionally misspelled words for no apparent reason (to "look cool"?): Amorphis, Kataklysm, Katatonia, etc.

There's also a black metal band out there called Brown Jenkins...I think that takes the cake too.

Well, according to Palabria de Dios, my band's name sucks! I hope that won't deter him from checking out the new album when it finally arrives!

To add to the list, I always thought Chinchilla and Mrs. Hippie had the goofiest names I've ever seen, but after hearing their music, I dig them.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Also...MUSTASCH, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, PINKY DOODLE POODLE, SUBWAY TO SALLY, LEAVES' EYES, SUCCESS WILL WRITE APOCALYPSE ACROSS THE SKY, IWRESTLEDABEARONCE, and so many more. I'm not saying these bands are necessarily good, just their names are fucking stupidness on a grand scale.

Circle II Circle, Jon Oliva's Pain, Queensryche, Heaven and Hell, Grave Digger, Saxon, Lizzy Borden, Death Angel, Dark Angel, Testament, Rough Cutt, Loverboy, Wig Wam, Overdrive, Candlemass, Death etc

I've always thought Savatage was a goofy name, yet they're one of my favorite bands.

other good bands with goofy names:

Tiles (neo-prog from Michigan)
Vociferation Eternity (a now-defunct melodeath band from Malaysia)
Lemur Voice (now-defunct prog metal from Holland)
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (their music is as weird as their name)
Gorguts (tech-death which is better than the band name suggests)
Tool (duh)

Also, I have no idea whether they're good or not, but I'm still laughing about the name Masterstroke. :)

well I wouldn't call it a horrible name, but it would be a lot easier if the band Kiss Kiss, changed their name. Their music rocks, but another name would have been easier to tell people about them with.

I came in here to post this. Killer band that people are hesitant to check out because of their name.