What's the deal with long band names

Probably because most interesting few-syllabled band names have been taken? There's a LOT of bands out there across the genres. I'm sure it's pretty difficult to come up with one that sounds good and hasn't already been taken.

You forgot The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza (or whatever the bloody fuck it is)

I really dislike when several words are crammed into one as the band title. iwrestledabearonce? Fuck that with a pointy stick.

The Original Slowhand and The Evil Minions kick ass. I don't care how long their name is.

Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis

As many times as I've tried... I cant string that into one flowing word.

My deathcore band would be named Tsunami Killed My Aunt Yet I Still Talk To Her.

You forgot The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza (or whatever the bloody fuck it is)

I really dislike when several words are crammed into one as the band title. iwrestledabearonce? Fuck that with a pointy stick.

YES! I really fucking hate those longassonesentencenamesthatjustreekoffagness..btw i googled iwrestledabearonce and was completely shocked that was a real bandname, i thought you just made it up!

The -core phenomena is the new glam metal of the 2000's I'm tellin ya! and yes glam metal is gay.