WORST BAND NAMES, YET THE BAND IS GOOD....

Circle II Circle, Jon Oliva's Pain, Queensryche, Heaven and Hell, Grave Digger, Saxon, Lizzy Borden, Death Angel, Dark Angel, Testament, Rough Cutt, Loverboy, Wig Wam, Overdrive, Candlemass, Death etc

I've always thought Savatage was a goofy name, yet they're one of my favorite bands.

WTF...in response to both of these posts! :zombie:

~Brian~

I was thinking the same thing.

I'd have to throw in or agree with; Poodles, Pink Cream 69, Bonded By Blood (if you sound Exodus-ish thats ok, but c'mon), Eyefear (always struck me as odd), Mob Rules (makes me think of Sabbath too much).

Yea, I love Eyefear, but I have no unearthly idea where they got that name.

~Brian~

I always thought Def Leppard was pretty kooky.

Any of the 80s style band name/assumed surname ones eg; Dokken, Slaughter, Bon Jovi, Winger etc. That always amused me, yet most of those bands rock.

Personally, I was always kind of partial to the Mike Keneally band called Beer For Dolphins. Other favorites are Pinkly Smooth, Minus The Bear, Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies, Gazpacho, and Rough Silk among others. Kind of a varied list, I know, but all these are bands that i like and listen to.

Personally, I was always kind of partial to the Mike Keneally band called Beer For Dolphins. Other favorites are Pinkly Smooth, Minus The Bear, Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies, Gazpacho, and Rough Silk among others. Kind of a varied list, I know, but all these are bands that i like and listen to.

Keneally rocks, and the whole lil', simple story of how that name stuck is priceless, & simple. I wish he would have kept it, but I understand why he didn't. :headbang:

Pretty Maids (probably my favorite awesome band with shitty name)

Subway to Sally
PowerQuest
The Poodles

wow...I had more in mind when I started posting this, now my mind is blank....

I came in here to post this. Killer band that people are hesitant to check out because of their name.

right. They're new album I bet is going to be great. "The Meek Shall Inherit What's Left." I mean c'mon, that title is excellent, but the band name? Cavil at Rest and Kunek both changed band names in recent years to more accessible names Local Natives and Other Lives. Sometimes changing your name is good. Apes and Androids save for the "AA" potential associations, is cooler than Call Florence Pow I find.