Worst banter by a vocalist?

Paul Stanley has more body-hair than Mads from Manticora!!!??? I didn't think that was possible....we even call Mads Chewbacca!!!

Lars

The worst I've ever seen is probably David Lee Roth when he was in Van Halen the first time. Remember a classic when they played in Sweden in the mid 80's. A girl apparently was sticking her tongue out at the band when Dave walks to the front of the stage and says "Girl, don't you stick your tongue out to me unless you are gonna use it....". Classic.

Umm....I was going to mention DLR as one of the very *best*. In fact, your example shows it. Someone mentioned that the front-men who are just themselves, rather than trying to be cool, tend to come off the best. Well, DLR is definitely just being DLR....and I think in the first go-around w/ VH, he was pretty cool.

One of my favorites was VH at the US Festival, when DLR said something like: "F*** the concert. Let's all just go across the street and have a drink!".

"WE GOT ANY PEOPLE TONIGHT THAT ARE HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH?!?!?!?! ALRIGHT THEN, LISTEN! Ya KNOW.... every once in a while, we like to get a little...we like to taste a little AL-CO-HAAAAAWL!!!!!!! And I tell you when we get goin, we ain't gonna be drinkin' no Southern Comfort, NO NO! We ain't gonna be drinkin' no TEQEEEEEELA! 'Cause I TELL ya.....when we wanna get goin', there's only one drink that gets us MOOOOOO-VIN!"

"Sometimes there are songs that have beginning's that are kinda as cool as the song, sometimes the lyrics don't count so much, it's the front of the song that really makes it. Here's a song that gets part of it's personality from the... front."

4ed06607.jpg

:worship:

That looks like Paul's pic from the Crazy Nights album. Pretty scary indeed! :lol:

~Brian~

"WE GOT ANY PEOPLE TONIGHT THAT ARE HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH?!?!?!?! ALRIGHT THEN, LISTEN! Ya KNOW.... every once in a while, we like to get a little...we like to taste a little AL-CO-HAAAAAWL!!!!!!! And I tell you when we get goin, we ain't gonna be drinkin' no Southern Comfort, NO NO! We ain't gonna be drinkin' no TEQEEEEEELA! 'Cause I TELL ya.....when we wanna get goin', there's only one drink that gets us MOOOOOO-VIN!"

"Sometimes there are songs that have beginning's that are kinda as cool as the song, sometimes the lyrics don't count so much, it's the front of the song that really makes it. Here's a song that gets part of it's personality from the... front."

4ed06607.jpg

:worship:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I'm blind!!!!!! How could I ever guess that a simple thread could result in blindness and nightmares!!!!!! Is that a photoshop Glenn? Does that CD actually exist? That is not possible......is it?

"How many of you out there like the taste of alcohol?"

Pure Genius.

Thank you.
I think Paul has some of the best on stage banter ever!!!!
I saw them on the LOST CITIES tour (somewhere around 96 I think), in Peoria, IL, and he kept saying........
"Peeeeeeorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrria! The rock capital of Illinois!!!"

Me being from the Chicagoland area found it hilarious.
The locals, not so much so....

If you want pathetic on-stage banter, go check out David Lee Roth these days.

Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth annoyed me when they played Atlanta back in '05. I got tired of his attempted jokes between songs and wish I would've left earlier so I could've caught Rigor Mortis. Phil Anselmo in any of his bands can get a bit redundant. He really gets the most use out of his f bombs, making an adjective, noun, verb, etc. There was also this band Crematorium that played in Augusta a few years back that kept trying to make jokes that fell flat. It didn't help that his band was horrible either. Glenn Benton from Deicide was pretty loaded when I saw them in '03. It was probably for the best though, as he has no personality.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I'm blind!!!!!! How could I ever guess that a simple thread could result in blindness and nightmares!!!!!! Is that a photoshop Glenn? Does that CD actually exist? That is not possible......is it?

You lose, Q-bot! Enjoy the nightmares & night sweats! :heh:

I never knew that Paul Stanley sounded THAT moronic on stage! I could never get into Kiss, and this just gives me more reason to laugh at them.

Being the Dokken fanboy that I am, I'll have to throw in a couple of my favorite Don quotes. I know them very well because he's used them the last four times I've seen him:

At the start of every show:
"Man, there are a lot of people here!"
(he's said this to a 2/3-empty House Of Blues in Chicago)

Before "Breaking The Chains:"
"How many hard-core Dokken fans do we have here tonight? I'm talkin' REAL HARDCORE Dokken fans! This song is for the REAL HARDCORE Dokken fans!"
(there's nothing quite like being a REAL HARDCORE fan and having one of the band's biggest hits played "just for you," because it's not like they've played it at every concert in their career!)

Before "Alone Again:"
"I'll bet a lot of you had sex to this song back in the day, and one day, when I have sex, I'll do it to this song, too."
(I'll admit that I thought this one was funny the first time I heard it. That was eight times ago.)

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Daniel of PoS @ PPlll...continiously talking about his gig with The Flower Kings and other stupid shit nobody cared about...dammit he was boring...I remember yelling..."STFU and play!!!!"

DLR is DLR...talks shit better than anybody...you wanted to hear him run his mouth...greatest frontman ever.