Worst gig?

I was at the Dokken show when George Lynch puked his guts out on the second song of the set and Don Dokken finished the rest of the set. Yeah, you can imagine how that went off.

LA Guns was pretty terrible as well. Pathetic. Can't recall whom they were opening for though... it was 20-some years ago afterall.

Metallica are too loud. Probably to hide the fact that they suck. And I even saw them on Master of Puppets opening once for Motley Crue and once for Ozzy. I did go to see them on one of their subsequent awful releases when they headlined, but that was only to see Suicidal Tendencies with Rocky George opening.

Into eternity just tours too much. I can't stand the band myself, but honestly they've always been impressive live to me that Stu CAN pull off his vocals live. I'll say they're awful not because of performance, but frequency.
Definitely agree. He hits every note, it just sucks that all the notes are boring and he never faces the audience, too busy doing his 'power metal' bend-over.

I saw Paul Dianno a few months ago....the Maiden songs were cool but he kept going on about how great punk is....to finish off the show they played Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones...he intro'd it by saying something like "fuck Maiden, fuck everyone else, this is a song by the greatest band ever"....when the crowd didn't get into it and sing along with the "Hey Ho...Lets Go" bits he had a little hissy fit and went "you don't even know the fucking words.....fuck this" chucked his mic on the ground and walked off :lol:
I guess the fact that his whole career is based off those first two Maiden albums (which he milks in his advertising, band logo and majority of his setlist) and 95% of the crowd don't give a fuck about what he's done after 1981...or about punk still hasn't occured to him.

I saw Pantera when Phil was so fucked up he could hardly stand...towards the end of their career. The band played well though.

I saw Paul Dianno a few months ago....the Maiden songs were cool but he kept going on about how great punk is....to finish off the show they played Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones...he intro'd it by saying something like "fuck Maiden, fuck everyone else, this is a song by the greatest band ever"....when the crowd didn't get into it and sing along with the "Hey Ho...Lets Go" bits he had a little hissy fit and went "you don't even know the fucking words.....fuck this" chucked his mic on the ground and walked off :lol:
I guess the fact that his whole career is based off those first two Maiden albums (which he milks in his advertising, band logo and majority of his setlist) and 95% of the crowd don't give a fuck about what he's done after 1981...or about punk still hasn't occured to him.

I saw Pantera when Phil was so fucked up he could hardly stand...towards the end of their career. The band played well though.

That's a funny Paul story! :lol:
I REALLY wanted to see Maiden with DiAnno, and I DID have a chance in 1981, but didn't know they were playing in Milwaukee. I do have the entire set on tape though. Still not the same as being there. There is some punk stuff I actually enjoy. Paul needs to not look past where his bread & butter is....:heh:

I saw a Cowboys (I think) tour with Megadeth & Skid Row circa Slave To the Grind, & Rust in Peace, that was probably one of the top 5 shows I ever attended

Hahaha! Well said, mate. I'd be willing to bet that most rock fans under the age of 30 wouldn't know who the hell he is/was anyway. I didn't even realise Dianno was still gigging around. Isn't he still a part of Sanctuary holdings and therefore still creaming off royalties though? What a gonad that man is!! :lol:

I can't really say i'd go so far as to never be entertained... even Simone sounded fucking awesome on the last ayreon album. I just don't like epica or that style, which is where most female singers are found.

And before i hear some smartass comment about how goth chick fronted bands are an obvious place for chick vocalists, all i can say is Doro, Sinergy, and any number of spanish/mexican heavy metal bands that my roomates have shown me that i totally don't know their names.

I can't really say i'd go so far as to never be entertained... even Simone sounded fucking awesome on the last ayreon album. I just don't like epica or that style, which is where most female singers are found.

And before i hear some smartass comment about how goth chick fronted bands are an obvious place for chick vocalists, all i can say is Doro, Sinergy, and any number of spanish/mexican heavy metal bands that my roomates have shown me that i totally don't know their names.

WHAT THE FUCK

DORO'S SINGER IS A CHICK

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

It was chastain, and it was in fact the album Those Who Dare. My ex had it, only listened to it once or twice when i was more into death/black metal, so I remember appreciating it, but it wasn't my thing. Time to revisit it eh?

What about Leather's solo disc Shock Waves... any good?