Worst song poll part 3

What is the weakest song on Blackwater Park?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slaydon

Jul 28, 2008
right outside Oslo, Norway
That's right! It's WSP3!:heh: This time we are doing BWP. So the result should be more one sided. I think so at least...my pick? You guessed right-The Funeral Portrait. The intro is kinda cool, I love that chord and play it often on the acoustic but the rest of the song kinda makes me wanna heave.:puke:

Sadly, Bleak. When I first got into Opeth it was my favorite song, but while others songs improved with more listens Bleak only got worse.

Although I like the song, I voted BWP. If I have to criticise, then it's because the rest of the song just doesn't compare to the absolutely momentous extended intro, or the rest of the album.

I hate the intro to Dirge for November, I usually skip the song all together when it comes on. I love the main riff in Funeral Portrait though, I don't see how anyone could listen to that song and not headbang furiously.

This kind of threads =
trainwreck.jpg

vy vote went for Drapery. all of these songs are awesome, and Bleak is by far their best song.

Drapery is too simple.

EDIT: Oh snap, didn't see Leper affinity.. I hate that one -.-

re-edit: well I don't hate it, but it's not good compared to the others.

You, my friend, are crazy. This song is the best on the album.

I, on the other hand, voted The Drapery Falls.

Amazing that a Godhead's Lament fanboy can have the exact same opinions on BWP as me! (hehe no offense) The Funeral Portrait hasn't left my top 5 Opeth songs since I first started liking it. Amazing riff after amazing riff and two amazing solos = amazing.

Harvest.

Dirge for November is too beautiful. Don't vote for it. Darkest song in a while (Wreath is part of my "darkest Opeth songs list").

Oh wait! I need to justify Harvest. Hmm I don't know... it's a great balad, but too repetitive. I would class it with Burden and Benighted. Great songs, but they don't get my attention enough. Again, there is that "cliche" structure that bothers me. Suprised of the few amount for it, I guess everyone voted for Dirge or Funeral instead.

This kind of threads =
trainwreck.jpg

This thread = accident?

Harvest.

Dirge for November is too beautiful. Don't vote for it. Darkest song in a while (Wreath is part of my "darkest Opeth songs list").

Oh wait! I need to justify Harvest. Hmm I don't know... it's a great balad, but too repetitive. I would class it with Burden and Benighted. Great songs, but they don't get my attention enough. Again, there is that "cliche" structure that bothers me. Suprised of the few amount for it, I guess everyone voted for Dirge or Funeral instead.

This thread = accident?

I can understand people voting for Dirge or Harvest, but Drapery?? 3 votes even!:err: I agree, Harvest is too repetitive and there's too little happening. But like Benighted, it has a marvelous solo.:headbang: And I love the way bass sounds on it, Harvest I mean. Burden however is something else...a notch above Harvest and more expanded than Benighted.