Would - Alice in chains cover

nat0

Sep 6, 2008
IMO this song is great, I don't know why Mike chose it over den standiga resan for watershed! How awesome if it was performed live :O Everyone knows it right?

Sorry if there is another thread on this but i cbf searching.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the original. Something about the Opeth version seems off. I don't think it's the vocals... Mike's pretty good on this... the rythm section doesn't seem as tight as the original. Mendez and Axe are great, obvously, but to me it seems like they weren't feeling the song.

I didn't like this song at first but after I'd listened to it like 10 times I started loving it.. the cover that is.
this cover is closer to be better than the original is, than what Soldier of Fortune is! or something!

I prefer Bridge of Sighs.
The AIC cover is better than I expected
AIC is so hard to cover. Staley had such a unique voice

I prefer Bridge of Sighs.
The AIC cover is better than I expected
AIC is so hard to cover. Staley had such a unique voice

+1
Akerfeldt sounds quite pussy compared to Staley :lol:, he nails the notes but can't get the AIC aggression, but overall its cool
Bridge of Sigh's cover is one my all time fav songs now, by far their best cover

its better the original song, and the best Opeth cover ever is "Soldier of Fortune" imo.

lol are you deaf, this cover doesn't hold a candle to the original. nobody can replace staley's haunting vocals, and mike doesn't even attempt to go for the chorus at the end. instead they pussied out and extended the solo, which is a bad move ttytt

hey i didnt mean the bad way 'pussy', relatively mikael's clean vocals are way more polished and 'clean' compared to staley's aggressive voice, though the minute mikael growls he owns every other vocalist hands down in aggression

opeth_0106.jpg

:headbang:

This is another well done cover, but most of the folks here are right... it lacks muchly the Staley aggression and conviction laid within the original song from the AIC album Dirt. Long live Staley... but the cover is a great classic throwback :)

I'm not particularly fond of members calling members of the band "pussies" ttytt.

wasnt calling the members pussies, it was a facetious comment ttytt. just showing my displeasure of mikael not even attempting the drawn-out chorus at the end, probably would have made the cover better if he tried it