Would anyone like a free beasting thrash CD?

Caveman Ninja

It's a carnival... of monsters!
Sep 11, 2008
Dolph Lundgren's Secret Island
So I am lucky enough to be in a band, Thrashist Regime. Lucky me! We have a CD which I am now offering you lucky people the chance to own absolutely 100% free. Just PM me your address and I will send it to you! It's just a CD-R, but it does have 8 beasting thrash tracks and a very nice cover :) And hey, it's absolutely free, what have you got to lose? Go on, the worst that can happen is that you won't like it...

As if sheer freeness wasn't enough to persuade you to send me a quick and simple PM, here's a review done by a German dude from thrashneverdies.com who, I'm pleased to say, seemed to be loving it:

"THRASHIST REGIME - Terror Takes Shape Demo (Independent / 2009)

THRASHIST REGIME is a 5-piece Thrash band from Scotland, formed in 2007 and "Terror Takes Shape" is their first recording, as far as I know.

After a short intro, they start off with the straight ass-kicking title track, that sounds like Overkill are playing "Running free" or Maiden playing "Rotten to the Core". Great galloping mid-tempo stuff with a cool gang-shouted chorus. Next track "Out of the Fryer" takes the same line - again thrashed, Di`Anno-era Maiden Metal. Cool shit!
After a short acoustic guitar interlude, we get a little change in style, on track 5. Still based on galloping bass-runs and drumming, the bands adds some fine Bay Area influences here, mostly 80s Megadeth style. The song has also a dose more Thrash in it and the sound is better (seems to be from another recording session). "Gate to the Gallows" stays with the thrashier sound and delivers some fine Bay Area Thrash moments again. Fine work! "The Die is Cast" is the hardest and fastest track on this 8 (!)-track demo. It offers pure technical Thrash, in the veins of Testament or Forbidden, without losing those typical Maiden roots. Great guitar work on here.

This great demo is finished by "Into the Pit", the briliant Testament classic. THRASHIST REGIME do a fine job on that cover, even Joe Johnston on vocals delivers, though he doesn`t reach Chuck Billy`s power, but who on earth reaches him anyway...

Well, all in all this is more than 25 minutes of very entertaining, well played Thrash Metal that is deeply rooted in traditional 80s Metal. Though you can hear a lot of influences from their heros, THRASHIST REGIME never sound like any sort of clone or cover band - they have their very own style (and class) with their stuff. The sound quality differs through the demo, there should be about 3 sessions, the recordings come from. All tracks were recorded very basically and sound raw, but that is a great plus, `cause it fits perfectly to this stuff. Musically all band members satisfy. The vocals are cool in melody and phrase, somewhere between Di`Anno, Billy and typical Thrash vocals.

One word about cover, band-name and concept: THRASHIST REGIME play very intelligent and a bit provoking with some symbols and clichès of war and despotism. It seems like we have a bunch of young dudes here who don`t leave their brains at home when banging those heads. An extra applause for that - hail Thrashism!

Song-Check: Terror takes Shape, Out of the Fryer, The Die is Cast

91/100"

216mt2.jpg

I was super pleased with that!

Thanks everyone! All who have PMed me will get a CD. Due to an unexpected level of interest it's taking me a little longer than I expected to copy them all, but they will definitely go later this week... Thanks again, and I hope some of you at least enjoy it :)

Got mine today too, cheers I'm looking forward to hearing it. Fresh thrash for when my minds feeling fresher!

Got my copy today (amazing since I have three albums lost between May-June that never arrived).

AWSOME STUFF!

r8wu.gif
r8wu.gif
r8wu.gif

Everybody talk about the thrash revival and quote Evile and Gama Bomb from the UK, nah forget about them. Thrashist Regime is the real deal, when you need a job well done in UK call a Scot :headbang:

'Corpus Luteum' is pure traditional thrash like Xentrix, 'Terror Takes Shape' and 'The Die Is Cast' are wonderful ass kickers. Thrash with energy, good vocals (not too melodic, not to harsh) and a lot of powerful guitar and drum attack.

Big thanks to caveman ninja for the cd. I really likes it. It's good to hear bands that are still bringing the "old school" thrash and i think it's just that, a great oldschool thrash cd. Thanks again and i wish you and your band success.

Thanks very much! Really glad some of you are enjoying it... I sent out a lot, it got a review in Italian (so we can't understand it) and only got 6.5 out of 10, but hey, you have to be prepared for that sort of thing... as long as some people like it that's great. I can say that the next cd will be much better, we've so many new songs which I'm loving...

Cheers again for the support people. Much appreciated!

Got my copy today (amazing since I have three albums lost between May-June that never arrived).

AWSOME STUFF!

r8wu.gif
r8wu.gif
r8wu.gif

Everybody talk about the thrash revival and quote Evile and Gama Bomb from the UK, nah forget about them. Thrashist Regime is the real deal, when you need a job well done in UK call a Scot :headbang:

'Corpus Luteum' is pure traditional thrash like Xentrix, 'Terror Takes Shape' and 'The Die Is Cast' are wonderful ass kickers. Thrash with energy, good vocals (not too melodic, not to harsh) and a lot of powerful guitar and drum attack.

I agree with Wyv, from start to finish it had my attention, aggressive but retaining alot of melody in a rip your head off way and I particularly liked the growly chorus for The Die is Cast! There isn't much new thrash that sounds like the real deal but Thrashist Regime prove they got a bright future. Personally speaking, me as much as I love thrash, alot of the new stuff just sounds tired and rehashed but not TG. Great intro sample btw:headbang: