Would this be considered heavy metal? ( Has link this time )

Bathoryswans

Oct 3, 2013
Listen to whole thing. It gets devastating towards the end. Recorded in 1969 released in 1970.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, there is a lot of heavy music that isn't metal.

Why did you make a new thread when you clearly know how to use the editing function, btw?

Ironically, much of this proto-metal and classic prog is much heavier than most of today's metal.

No.

Unrelated but years ago someone posted a 60s-70s album here that the vocalist was doing something akin to black metal vocals. Wish I could find it.

Unrelated but years ago someone posted a 60s-70s album here that the vocalist was doing something akin to black metal vocals. Wish I could find it.

Yea, i remember that. It had some kind of strange orange/yellow album cover ... i think.

I came across these two videos searching for that band/album ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh I have that Jacula album. Occult prog rock. I'm in the boat that believes the release date of the album and the one after it is a hoax though.

yeah, i was just reading up on it and came across a few comments saying that there's no way it could be from 69.

RYM has the album listed as a 2001 release.

I dunno it seems odd that if it was a hoax they would put down the first two albums as old but the 3rd as 2011. That said I recall a band called Supernaut who had one album listed as a 1974 release that was some really heavy ass stoner doom shit but on the metal archives it said it might be a hoax by the label kissing spell.

What put me over the edge there is that some of the albums lyrics are just van Der graaf generator lyrics translated to Italian, from a 1972 album.