Wow....74 members online here???

Moonlapse said:
Yeah, but what I think is really sad is that most people are alienated from posting here because of how juvenile the community tends to be at times. I was really hoping to change that, but it doesn't seem to be possible.
Jeez, it's just a forum. What's the big deal? So they're going to TYPE something they regret and then later commit suicide cause Looking For A Job told them to "end their life"? LOL.

hah, nah. I just don't think many people have the... patience, I suppose, to deal with the way things work around here. It seems everywhere else on UM I go I hear people who say they're Opeth fans but wouldn't ever consider posting here. Kinda sucks.

^ funny, the more i look around the rest of UM the more i feel everyone besides us hates Opeth. The same goes for other forums like the Nile forum and the Encyclopedia Metallum forum.

Pseud0 said:
^ funny, the more i look around the rest of UM the more i feel everyone besides us hates Opeth. The same goes for other forums like the Nile forum and the Encyclopedia Metallum forum.

they don't hate opeth, they hate us.

its ok. I hate Tool fans for the same reasons.

oh I never pay attention to those guys.

they don't have the attention span to appreciate a song over 5 minutes long..I don't have the attention span to listen to them slander a superior band.

so they can suck my nuts.

The most annoying ones are the one who said they changed drastically for the worst from BWP to now, but what they want to say is "Waaah! Waaah! Opeth signed with Roadrunner! Wahh! Fuking sellouts, not kvlt enough!"

R0l0 said:
I just checked and the Metallica board currently has 58 members, and we have 35. So yeah, Opeth is getting pretty damn huge.

Well Metallica's not exactly in their prime... I'm sure they had more regular users before they took to shitting on their fans. I do know they have far more fans overall than Opeth does, and probably will for some time. It seems every day I see somebody wearing a Metallica shirt.

well then I checked the Linkin Park board(lol) and they have 98... so even 1/3 of their fans is pretty big methinks.
I'm sure when Ghost Reveries comes out it will be within the top 75 on the billboard chart.

Damn, Ghost Reveries was completed before even signing on to Roadrunner, at least that's what I hear. Sellouts? No way.

From the two tracks I heard off GR, there is NO way they sold out. Ghost of Perdition is as brilliant as the finest offerings that we have heard from the band. The Grand Conjuration is a damn good track as well (I think people will like it more now knowing that there are indeed going to be many acoustic moments throughout the album.) TGC seems like a fitting track near the end, since it is a concept album. As a whole, the song works...I like it more than I did before after gearing GoP, knowing the two tracks are just SO different from one another.

Man, the wait for this album is truly going to be a painful one. Aye.

Apprentice's Master said:
The most annoying ones are the one who said they changed drastically for the worst from BWP to now, but what they want to say is "Waaah! Waaah! Opeth signed with Roadrunner! Wahh! Fuking sellouts, not kvlt enough!"

umm those guys post on this forum. :erk:

R0l0 said:
well then I checked the Linkin Park board(lol) and they have 98... so even 1/3 of their fans is pretty big methinks.
I'm sure when Ghost Reveries comes out it will be within the top 75 on the billboard chart.

i seriously wouldn't be surprised if it gets into the top 50. Pt's deadwing was debut at like 90 or something... and that album wasn't promoted nearly as much as Ghost Reveries. They are on roadrunner now. Good promotion (like a front page ad on their website) + incredible band + rather catchy single (TGC) = moderate success.