wow, man, hippies, just wow

Dick Sirloin said:
I'm playing devil's advocate here.

So you're asserting that:
1) Having an "agenda" (buzzword alert) is a bad thing? Feeling strongly about something, getting behind an ideal, is wrong?

If it goes against what I believe in then its dumb and worthless.

2) What hippie "beliefs" are so stupid? Peace, love, altered consciousness, social and political cynicism, disdain for societal conditioning, flowers n' sunshine, not bathing, Phish, or the fact that most aren't fully integrated into the economic powerhouse on which money-oriented societies thrive?

Pretty much all of them, but more importantly the way they go about rubbing their ideas into everbody passive-aggressivly. So lame.

Eh, every group of people does that shit. Keep thy lifestyle to thyself, I always say

Dick Sirloin said:
Eh, every group of people does that shit. Keep thy lifestyle to thyself, I always say

Its a million times worse when people say that, but don't do that.

I'de rather have somone aggressivly try and convert me to their beliefs, then talk to some passive-aggressive wanker, for instance.

EDIT: I think I'm using passive-aggressive wrong, but I mean people that are: "OHHHHH you're tottally welcome to do that blahblahbla but this is so gooood blahblahblah its ok that you eat meat but i will now pretend i don' think I am above you for being a vegan, when really i do feel that way and it clearly shows!' etc.

Dick Sirloin said:
2) What hippie "beliefs" are so stupid? Peace, love, altered consciousness, social and political cynicism, disdain for societal conditioning, flowers n' sunshine, not bathing, Phish, or the fact that most aren't fully integrated into the economic powerhouse on which money-oriented societies thrive?

Picking up all those ideals is just a way out of looking at the world at face value.

haha all this hippie-hating is fucking stupid. seriously Tully, grow up! you think every hippie who ever lived honestly held disdain towards you for not following their beliefs? maybe its your broken social skills picking up on tension that isn't there... at least in some cases!

Demilich said:
haha all this hippie-hating is fucking stupid. seriously Tully, grow up! you think every hippie who ever lived honestly held disdain towards you for not following their beliefs? maybe its your broken social skills picking up on tension that isn't there... at least in some cases!

No, but I'm not gonna say 'I LIKE HIPPIES!' when I don't. A hippie would have to proove to me they don't fit the stereotype before that would happen, and it ha before.

I'm not saying they have disdain for twoards me for not following their beliefs, I'm saying I have disdain towards them for following their beliefs.

This is just another classic situation of "my weltanschaaung is better that theirs." Let's move along now

Reign in Acai said:
I honestly think nothing is right. You don't pay very good attention do you?

Really? I guess it WASN'T you with the deeply nationalistic stance and praise for the current administration. Please tell me how reality appears at "face value," the deepest awareness of how things really are

Dick Sirloin said:
Really? I guess it WASN'T you with the deeply nationalistic stance and praise for the current administration. Please tell me how reality appears at "face value," the deepest awareness of how things really are

Deep nationalist + praise for our administration doesn't = 'everything is peachy keen'.

KILL TULLY said:
Deep nationalist + praise for our administration doesn't = 'everything is peachy keen'.

But just that a + b right there is enough to bring out my point

Dick Sirloin said:

When does supporting a specific political faction equate in to complete satisfaction of the world and all it's surroundings? I guess ideals of merit can only be obtained by being a pacifist faggot who shelter's himself in a world of comfort, that has been laid out by his procreators. It's no coincidence that most hippy faggots come from the middle class.

true dat.

I used to be a hippie but my core beliefs consisted primarily of pursuit of a good time and such, no faggy new age shite either. none of my friends were into "crystals" or "pyramids" or addicted to Windham Hill...seriously, declaring new agers as hippies is just wrong. they may be somewhat similar in superficial ways but that's it.

and guess what, i showered every day as well.