Acid Mothers Temple

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Wow, this is some crazy shit. Sounds like a nuclear holocaust as seen through the eyes of hippies. I'm not sure if I even like it, but I am listening to it without getting angry, so there you go. I think only the most eclectic of ya'll would enjoy this, and you already know who you are, so get to it! :D

Joosendshitz (courtesy Demilich):

Atomic Rotary Grinding God
Loved and Confused

I've only heard an album or two. I don't even remember which ones because they put out loads of albums and have several different groupings with different band names. But I did like what I heard, very noisy, but rocking as hell. Like a bizarro jap twist on krautrock. It's also the kind of thing I would never listen to again, but I loved the experience!

I'll grab those tunes and check em out!

Jesus christ they've released 20 albums in the past 6 years. :lol:

Yeah I'm really enjoying these two tracks, but can already tell this is a group where I can safely just have one album from and only listen to it on rare, yet highly enjoyable, occasion. It's like complete psychedelia with no annoying things to get in the way, like cohesion or structure.

oh yeahhhhh I recognize these tracks, must be off of Electric Heavyland, that's the main one I remember hearing now.

INCREDIBLE stuff, gonna have to pick this album up for those occasional moments when I'll be able to stand listening to it.

Chromatose said:
INCREDIBLE stuff, gonna have to pick this album up for those occasional moments when I'll be able to stand listening to it.
Totally nails it yo.

PS: I'm listening to Clutch - s/t and my assistant has his recently burned copy of Robot Hive / Exodus spinning. TOGETHER WE POWER!!!

I go weak in the knees when face to face with the beard of Neil Fallon

edit: and I was listening to Elephant Riders while cruising around town after work, not too long ago!

UP THE BEARDS

NADatar said:
Jesus christ they've released 20 albums in the past 6 years. :lol:

Yeah I'm really enjoying these two tracks, but can already tell this is a group where I can safely just have one album from and only listen to it on rare, yet highly enjoyable, occasion. It's like complete psychedelia with no annoying things to get in the way, like cohesion or structure.

Exactly what keeps me from getting into them heavily (I mean, that's more in sheer product than Zappa), you either have to a ritual LSD user to even consider listening to it regularly, but of course I love the spacerock in small (relatively speaking considering how long those jams can last) doses, and much of the AMT I've heard is mind expanding...

Awesome.

Yeah my beard is a full beard and all, but definitely not a super strong one. I'm sportin' Amish style right now, all 'stache-less and shit. By the time I start losing my domehair I hope to have gained a beard of Fallon-esque proportions to compensate.

Apparently I have 'New Geocentric Worlf of Acid Mothers Temple' on my computer, so I guess I'll listen.

This seems like its gonna be another band that is 'ZOMG UNIQUE' (like Sunn0)))))))))))))))))to people when really 21938472937865971263908572908476528937642903865423875623 bands play the same exact music, better.

And I don't see AMT reaching the same level of stardom here in the states that Sunn has, they have a shitload of releases, but as far as I know they haven't reached collector status, with albums going for $100+ on ebay and the like, such as sunn or boris. Probably have a big following in their homeland though, as big as any band from the psych scene there probably has, anyway.

Chromatose said:
LOL

you didn't really listen then eh?

I mean, throbbing gristle?? wayyyyyyyy off the mark there

I listened. Throbbing Gristle has plenty of songs that are in this vein.

You can't say Throbbing Gristle sounds any one way, but I'm saying if you want those vibes from a (better IMO) band, Throbbing Gristle is somwhere to look.

Throbbing Gristle put out some great stuff, no disagreeing there and I would even agree that overall they're a better listen than AMT, but saying Throbbing Gristle does "that style" better is hilariously off the mark.

edit: I'll say I don't hear it because they built up a style rooted in different backgrounds

edit 2: feel free to yousendit!