Wow, the new SYL sure sucks huh?

I liked R2R a lot as well.
People just dont realize that there wont be another album like The Jester Race and that the band has gone through some changes, which arent even bad in my opinion. Its still better than doing the same stuff over and over again. So i dont get what the whole complaining stuff is all about.

I think R2R is a very good album, but not In Flames good, I like the good vocals and very atmospheric synths and everything, but the guitar work went way down, and that's no good.... I've only been an In Flames fan for 2 years and I was like "What the shit happened?" I'm not saying it's a bad album, but the original fans of In Flames thats been supporting them from the beggning.... I can kinda understand the dissapointment..... Anders wearing the SELLOUT shirt with his dreded hair... though I don't really care, thats like a straight up diss to their original fans that trusted them..... well everyone wants money.

DoReMi said:
People like you really get on my tits. R2R sucked, plain and simple.

Here's my solution for you then.

Put the Jester Race in your CD player. Each time In Flames has an new record out, assume that TJR is the new album, and listen to it.

Happy now?

People that expect the same album over and over are idiots, go listen to Mortician or something. They do the same thing every album.

Freddy Krueger said:
People that expect the same album over and over are idiots, go listen to Mortician or something. They do the same thing every album.
LMFAO
:headbang:

Good one!

Hearing the same repetetive crap over and over is boring. Hearing and seeing how your favorite artists develop and get from point A to point B really makes it all worthwhile in my opinion.

Progression is one of the things I love best about music.

NP Katatonia - 'Evidence'

i think it's much better than city. it really surprised me, since i just asssumed they wouldn't ever top city, or make another syl album for that matter.

just got SYl yesterday and i am playing it over and over since...it has not convinced me totally....at the moment i would say great thrash stuff with devin townsend influences...to me it sounds more physicist than city or 'as heavy....'. anyway great stuff

np: rape song...

the new SYL is one of the most disappointing releases after Opeth's "Deliverance". it's not heavy, not chaotic, not extreme, it's somehow a very "forced" release and does not have any interesting moments, only the intro sounds really astonishing...

Medion said:
the new SYL is one of the most disappointing releases after Opeth's "Deliverance". it's not heavy, not chaotic, not extreme, it's somehow a very "forced" release and does not have any interesting moments, only the intro sounds really astonishing...
Go back and listen to both those albums again, they'll "click", trust me.

Some people really make me laugh... :lol:
Or must I cry??? :cry:
Opeth has just tried to write a new album in a different, darker way, wait for his twin called "damnation", which will be released in early april before judging the band...
And anyway, Devin is god!!!
Understand? :(

And anyway, Devin is god!!!

lol...i mean...why do so many devy fans think that smth is great just by the fact that devin made it....??? if someone doesnt like the new album it's maybe not because he doesnt see the oh so genius thing in it...maybe someone just doesnt like it....

It's taken me a month, but I can finnaly classify this as a masterpiece.

It's never taken me this long to fully appreciate a CD, But I think it's flawless from beginning to end.

A epic work in controlled chaos and melodic brutality.

There is no other metal band on the planet like SYL.

And there probably never will be.

Medion said:

I can agree with you on the slightly forced sound of the latest SYL record, even though it is a really amazing effort... But knocking on the latest Opeth release? It's nothing short of amazing once you give it a few spins in your CD player.

Open your eyes man.

azal said:
It's taken me a month, but I can finnaly classify this as a masterpiece.

It's never taken me this long to fully appreciate a CD, But I think it's flawless from beginning to end.

A epic work in controlled chaos and melodic brutality.

There is no other metal band on the planet like SYL.

And there probably never will be.

It's taken me about 2 days...but I agree with the rest of what you said!!
evilgrin.gif