WoY IV - The Green Album.

Man, Pursuit was so amazing, how the atmosphere of summer was captured, I have no doubt you'll have trouble bottling up the feeling of spring. (Listen to Devin Townsend's Terria a lot :p). Especially if there's more softer songs on there like Shedding the Deadwood or December in Windsor.

I have no doubt you'll have trouble bottling up the feeling of spring. (Listen to Devin Townsend's Terria a lot :p

I already do associate that album with spring, specifically. What I have already writen does have a 'spring-like' sound, but still metal.

FYI - the "Green" album will most likely be the next real, full length Woods release, but there may be a few smaller, fun projects in between. I'll keep you posted! :kickass:

Damn, can't wait for this, Spring is my favourite season. I'm expecting alot of warm acoustics and synth.

Technically, it was 3, which is actually a fairly reasonable length of time in which to write and record a long album. But no, the next ones won't take that long.

I hope you know we'll hold you to that.

The essence of Spring... It's hard to imagine what you, Dave Gold, associate with Spring. I'm sure this will make for not only an interesting album, but for an interesting perception and new interpretation as to what Spring is.

All we can do now is wait.

David, what can you tell us ?

Here's a quick note...

Ever since "Woods 1 - Against the Seasons: Cold Winter Songs from the Dead Summer Heat", I've always thought about the differences of writing an new album "with" and "against" the seasons. "Woods 1" was a 'winter' sounding album, written in the summer, hence the title. "Woods 2: Pursuit of the Sun & Allure of the Earth" was also written "against" the seasons, a "summer" album, having been written between January and March. "Woods 3" was written and recorded "with", then "against" and then "with" the seasons again across a few years. "Woods 4: The Green Album", a "spring" theme album, will be shaped "with" the spring. I'm really looking forward to this work period, to see how the album will evolve when writing about spring things while simultaneously experiencing spring. I think our timing will really work to our benefit, creatively, and help us to deliver an authentic feeling of spring via black and doom metal. :)

Right now we have 15 songs skeletons that have been tabbed out and are currently being rehearsed as we near "Go Time!", when we really get into the album to finish the details. It's in that stage when the 'magic' usually happens, when music finally gets married to it's lyrics and becomes a finished song. "Woods 4" has it's own sound, and will be different from previous Woods albums.

More news soon! Thanks for reading!

DG - \w/

^ Sweet! I've had the idea in my head that IV will sound drastically different than the other stuff (tbh, all previous 3 are pretty different), so I'm so pumped. Makes me want to go write stuff!