WoY now on garageband.com:

if you just killed someone or broke up with the o'lady you'll dig it. I did!

Neither, + neither of those are cool.

More Distractions...

The lyrics were wonderful, with stuff like "life is the sacrifice... before you die". The arrangement is good. The mood is exquisite, like you guys should teach emo kids how to sound respectable. Clocking in at 6:16 the song was never boring. This band knows when less is more, which is important. Five stars, because such flawless, potent, and artful emotional expression will be difficult to replicate.
Reviewed by: Transcix from Canada

Somewhat unexpectedly, "Thrill of the Struggle" now sits at a 4.4 / 5.0 !!!

NOT what i expected from the intro :)
the intro's a bit misleading...i expected a System-y kinda song.

and thankfully i dont get that!

what does arrive is a churning chaotic swirl of guitar drums and keys. cool stuff.

vocals are not to shrill...which scores another strong point.

guitars are ok - lacking a bit of definition, as with the drums. they just dont have their own space. nothing wrong here, just a case of mixing.

i like the fear factory-esque clean vox, theyre the best mixed off all.

melody is not much to speak of, save for the aforementioned section. in which its decent...not a thousand fish-hooks hooky, but there.

mood is post apocalyptic mechanical, but the overall feel is a bit messy.

nice n dark though.

i woulda liked a 1/2 time section with a big bottom heavy riff and a fat groove - even for a short section to add texture.

good stuff.

- CouchPotatoesSA
Johannesburg, South Africa
February 11th, 2008

btw - guys here always seem to say that the vocals sound like FEAR FACTORY. Oh, well! It still gets one of these - > :kickass:

N-ice. Odd Thrill would do so well when no one seemed to like The Northern Cold, haha.

Thrills...

Dimmu? Is that you?
Ok, so the voice isn't the same, but this sounds pretty much the same as Dimmu Borgir, and if that's what you're going for, congradulations, you've done very well. I must admit that I was headbanging listening to this at work.
- Naruto

Gothic goodness!
The intro was good, but when the verse hits, i feel barraged by the drums, i suggest taking some of those fills out! It takes away from the song! The vocalist reminds me alot of moonspell and that is excellent ;D But the song overall is VERY good, the keys add a great sound to it!
- Severhedd
Webb City, Missouri

Hah! :)

So DG, your baritone (it is a baritone, right?) has been compared to Burton Bell & the fellow from Moonspell, which I can see a tad-- but only a tad. Next up has got to be Glenn Danzig and Pete Steele...

i always get a kick out of reviews.. especially the ones that are so far out there. nonetheless the WOY tracks appear to be kickin ass man. good for you!

"To Lock Eyes with a Wild Beast"

I think the brutality of this song scares the shit out of most dudes reviewing stuff on garageband.com, looking for a hook, etc... So it's nice to hear someone dig on it for what it's supposed to be:

Cool intro, great vox
Very evil sounding. The rough recording not only suits, but is perfect for this style. I could hear this on a label like Southern Lord. Cool stuff
- DTRFTP
Burlington, Ontario, Canada

More "Lock Eyes"

Every now and then, we get a free one. :)

Fantastic
I think this is Woods. If it isn't, it sounds alot like them. This song is very well produced, and the execution of melody and drum work is that of true musician expertise. Thank god bands that give a damn like you exist.
- Naruto
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada

My fav part:
Thank god bands that give a damn like you exist.

Badass!!! :kickass:

More "Lock Eyes"...

DImmu anyone?
You sound pretty much like Dimmu Borgir - I'd say you even got the production values of one of the old albums pretty close.
I generally like this style but I am not hearing anything original here, actually quite derivative of Dimmu.
- dimtheband
Houston, Texas

And what looks like another 'free one': from Windsor:

ome black metal
theres alot going on in this song, its like black metal mix with noisecore. the drummer sounds really busy and i like the guitar around the 1:50 mark, the melody is awesome. I like the vocals suits the music very well, awesome singing voice. mood is very dark which is awesome.
- aquilametal
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

:kickass:

"Lock Eyes"...

review
at ten seconds, i had a feeling i would like this song... then then at 30 seconds the vocals came in and made me smile.

this song is solid as fuck. the guitar work is so melodic and awesome! the drums are phenominal. you guys are definitely at something here.

i think i can hear an amon amarth influence maybe... or at the gates perhaps? at least it sounds like swedish melodic death metal.

very very good track, best i've heard today.
- jtgilmore13
Salem, Oregon

"Distractions"

btw - I don't mind having pissed this asshole off:

WTF
Seriously, that's all I can say WTF?! Thanks for making me listen to 90 seconds of this steaming pile!! Peter Steele being sodomized is the only thing I can compare this to
- SeepingHerpe

A fair comparison. Guy sounds like an overall classy dude. :kickass:

More "Distractions":

Nice song
Very nice work guys,clean ant strong production.Beautiful orchestration of the song.Nice drummer there with very
smart ideas and a nice drum sound.
I also liked frequency in which chagnes happened.I'll surely listen to it again!
- CubicalSphere

+ "Thrill of the Struggle" now has a 4.8 / 5. score! Near 'perfect' on garageband! Who'd have thunk? :kickass: