WTF: beating my head on the desk/slate trigger

Tommy Gun

...might be drunk.
May 31, 2008
RVA-USA
So... I followed the install instructions, but something is wrong.

1. The VST isn't showing up in my plugin list in Reaper, but the AU is, which i can use, just strange that the VST component is in my Plug ins -> VST folder, but it doesn't show up in Reaper.

2. Even trying to use the AU, I'm getting some challenge/response window from either iLok or slate when trying to load the plug in.

*It also never asked me for a Password during install.

Anyone run into this before? Please help guys. I really want to try this software out tonight. Drove 35 minutes round trip in the snow to spend the last $400 of my xmas money on this, another iLok, and another Tubescreamer (TS9DX).

I don't want to sound like I'm insulting your intelligence, but did you go into the VST options and rescan the folder?

I don't want to sound like I'm insulting your intelligence, but did you go into the VST options and rescan the folder?

Not insulting at all bro. I did the re-scan, yes. No VST version showing.
Most importantly it seems as though the iLok license redemption page given inside the Trigger package (where you enter you passcode) isn't working. It's not doing anything. I put in my email and passcode provided and it just resets. doesn't send me an email or anything.

hmm, you've got a code vie mail right!?
you pasted this code in the redeem code tab on the ilok site?
this should give you a new license download whatever that finally puts the license on the ilok.

sure you installed the right plugin version!? is your DAW 32 or 64 bit?

cheers
S.

PS:
there is also a ilok site maintenance going on atm,
so maybe you'll just have to wait unti the site is open again.

hmm, you've got a code vie mail right!?
you pasted this code in the redeem code tab on the ilok site?
this should give you a new license download whatever that finally puts the license on the ilok.

sure you installed the right plugin version!? is your DAW 32 or 64 bit?

cheers
S.

PS:
there is also a ilok site maintenance going on atm,
so maybe you'll just have to wait unti the site is open again.

No code. The slate site where you enter the passcode from the software package only reset, then they sent me an auto-reply email asking me to put in a ticket with Slate Support, which I did, but they are on vacation until the 2nd. The iLok site seems to be working well. I already registered my new iLok, before starting the Trigger install.

do you have an account set up for the slatedigital site!?
i bought the download verison so i got my code directly.
did you buy TRIGGER used?

I bought it at Sam Ash today, when I bought my new iLOK and a Tubescreamer. I should have saved the TS9DX for later, and spent the extra money on Drumagog 5... I just found this and it has got me mad enough to hurt someone. How can they run a company in this way?

These people had the same issue I'm having.
http://www.slatedigital.com/support/kb_article.php?ref=1589-UFJM-1068

Well, if this isn't fixed by mid-week, I'm going to see if Sam ash will do a refund and I'll pick up the new Drumagog 5 instead. I'll have to sacrifice the TS9DX in order to afford the Drumagog, but at least I know their software is worth it. This is ridiculous.

I had a similar problem on PC, rescanned Reaper etc...no show.

I found out I had to install the latest iLok client software from their site. Did that, and it showed up.

Not sure if it's related to your problem on the mac, but sharing anyway.

Also, don't just rescan, try clear cache and rescan in Pref/VST. That has worked for me before for something.

I had a similar problem on PC, rescanned Reaper etc...no show.

I found out I had to install the latest iLok client software from their site. Did that, and it showed up.

Not sure if it's related to your problem on the mac, but sharing anyway.

Also, don't just rescan, try clear cache and rescan in Pref/VST. That has worked for me before for something.

Yeah, the issue is really just the Slate site. It wasn't working when I tried to register the software, therefor they never sent me my iLok licensing code. All my iLok drivers, etc. are up to date. did that right before installing Trigger. I got an email from Nathan in Slate Support today asking for my Trigger passcode. I replied and hopefully I will hear back soon.

is it really that much better than drumagog?
yes

if you didnt get a code yet to active trigger in your iLok account then you can't use it...I think that is the problem, no code yet to enter on the iLok site in your accout and then update the iLok, right?
edit: nevermind, didnt see your last post *doh*