WTF is "Glue"

Have you ever hear a mix that sounds too much glue?

I mean that needs more separation but it's not muddy

Difficult to describe it

You "spent" over seven thousand dollars on the Waves Mercury Bundle...but you DONT know what GLUE is?!?! Seriously?? :Spin:

Guess I'm just asking what everybody's definition of it is.. Because it seems to vary between people.

nick, you'll come to find that there's many words that skilled mix engineers use to describe sounds that simply cannot be described any other way and we just KNOW what they all mean. examples:

warm
punchy
bright
shimmery
crispy
flubby
farty
muddy
clippy
crushed
glued
gritty
tact

???

profit

nick, you'll come to find that there's many words that skilled mix engineers use to describe sounds that simply cannot be described any other way and we just KNOW what they all mean. examples:

warm
punchy
bright
shimmery
crispy
flubby
farty
muddy
clippy
crushed
glued
gritty
tact

???

profit

Is there rosetta stone for this?

my feedbackz would be

to me it sounds like you mix everything solod, like you mix the guitars and are like they sound awesome! then you mix bass and then go it sounds awesome! and drums are mixed on their own and then go it sounds awesome! everything may sound good induvidually but not as a whole.

I would say start over from scratch and try to mix more as a whole. maybe the guitars will sound like absolute shit when solo'd but if they sound amazing in the mix who gives a fuck?

joo feeeelz meh?

Glue is what the drummer inhales shortly before showing up to record the tracks that you will spend the next week and a half Beat Detective'ing and slip editing. :kickass:

my feedbackz would be

to me it sounds like you mix everything solod, like you mix the guitars and are like they sound awesome! then you mix bass and then go it sounds awesome! and drums are mixed on their own and then go it sounds awesome! everything may sound good induvidually but not as a whole.

I would say start over from scratch and try to mix more as a whole. maybe the guitars will sound like absolute shit when solo'd but if they sound amazing in the mix who gives a fuck?

joo feeeelz meh?

i duz! Sanks for zat.

I'll give it a shot for practice, but, unfortunately, my deadline for these guys is TONIGHT. :(

It's a good thing that they're more than happy with the mixes, otherwise I'd have to stab something.