WTF is up with Frank?

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I only just found out Frank has left the band. I read in Scott's Alphamail that they were thinking of bass auditions - that's how I found out! There's no announcement on the fucking official site, for a guy like Frank that the fans clearly love. What's the fucking deal with that? Why did he leave? Was he sacked? Did he have a fight with someone? Has he decided to join a jazz band? WTF?
I can't believe the only mention of Frank leaving on the official site is Scott talking about auditions, what a fucking joke.
Anyone shed any light on this?

There was an official announcement couple weeks ago from both Scott and Charlie. They've parted ways, Joey Vera will cover the tour in Australlian. No reason given, and well, the reason is between them. Either way, Frank will be missed, but continue to support Thrax, if there ever was a time to support them, now is the time. And support Frank if he goes on his own, but there is no word on that.

What the fuck is going on?

I havent been to this site in a while. i come back and i see bass auditions on scotts alpha mail. I put two and two together and realised that Frank is not in Anthrax anymore but hoped it wasnt true. But i guess it is.

why isnt the message on the site anymore? it shouldve been the first thing i saw on the site. i think its fucked up that they dont even have something, that says like Frankie is not with us anymore and we wish him luck. Nothing?
what the fuck. this sucks. i love frank. i dont think its going to be the same without him.

man..............i never saw this coming. this is a sad period in anthrax history =(. I really thought this was the final lineup and these guys were gonna stick it out till the very end.

Franky, if you read these things, i been listening to Anthrax since i was 8 years old, and i just wanna say thanx for the tunes bro! You and cliff B. are the two finest bass players i have ever had the privlage to listen too. horns up to ya bro and good luck to ya.:headbang:

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Oh well pardon me. Where is it now? Is it not big enough news for it to be still on there?

WTF
Don't bite my head off. I'm not responsible for Frank leaving or what goes up or stays up on the site.

It's a little sad that there isn't more info on the main page.
I just keep thinking that they want him back in the band, and don't want to get everybody all up in arms, just in case he does re-join.
(Positive thinking)

I need to put that back up there. Don't freak. Frankie leaving was a case of they "all couldn't play nice in the Anthrax sandbox anymore". Maybe they'll work it out. Maybe it's a divorce. We'll have to wait and see. Frankie's a cool, funny mother fucker and I hope he comes back but if he doesn't and Anthrax's music doesn't become Black Sabbath with only Iommi, I'm down.

ye it's pretty lame that they only left their statements on the main site for a few days. think about it - the guy was in the band for 15 years plus. frank deserves more than that, and so do the fans who did not log on to the site during those few days.

it's almost like they were ashamed about the news and wanted to take it down ASAP and put the new alphamail in place of it...

max said:
ye it's pretty lame that they only left their statements on the main site for a few days. ...
it's almost like they were ashamed about the news and wanted to take it down ASAP and put the new alphamail in place of it...
I believe Brent (not Anthrax, Brent) took it down after about a week. Don't blame Anthrax. Didn't you see his post (above)???

schindlers_fist said:
Never gonna happen, but it would be really cool if they got Lilker again.

Lilker doesn't fit Anthrax well. I don't care what people say about how he used to be in the band.
The band has changed and so has the music. (for the better btw)

Cheers Brent for the reply, and to the guys that say we should support Anthrax through this - fuck yeah, of course I will! As long as they keep putting out great shit like WCFYA I'll be there paying for it!