WTF is up with Midnight???

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
I desperately need someone to explain the appeal of Midnight to me...the man looks like he doesn't know where he is 1/2 the time! I thought that first time he got on stage with Kamelot and didn't sing a word was the funniest damn thing I had ever seen. I almost peed my pants. Did he not know the words? Was he drunk? To early in the set? I'm laughing just thinking about it!!:tickled: Ladies and gentlemen....MIDNIGHT: "............................." That's my progpower golden moment.

Anyway, aside from that Kamelot was awesome!

Heavenly Call said:
I desperately need someone to explain the appeal of Midnight to me...the man looks like he doesn't know where he is 1/2 the time! I thought that first time he got on stage with Kamelot and didn't sing a word was the funniest damn thing I had ever seen. I almost peed my pants. Did he not know the words? Was he drunk? To early in the set? I'm laughing just thinking about it!!:tickled: Ladies and gentlemen....MIDNIGHT: "............................." That's my progpower golden moment.

Anyway, aside from that Kamelot was awesome!
Yea, that was strange. I guess he was a little intoxicated. Kamelot was awesome, I agree!

Jase

Midnight is a good example of how crack doesnt smoke itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What was priceless was the bands expression when he just stood there!!!!
Midnight........get your ass back in that cave you have lived in for the past decade, and go back to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THRASH FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOUL FOREVER BLACK :headbang:

Midnight is um...shall we say...'special'. I'm not sure he has a strangle hold on reality. Though, a Crimson Glory reunion next year would be great...you can do it Glenn.

Midnight is a GREAT performer.......but you have to catch him early in the day.....as in, like, 6am or so.

"Holy shit, that's Midnight carrying that guitar--"
"--And he looks stone cold sober. THIS might get...interesting."

Understatement of the weekend, there. :D

Hey, I have to defend here.... you guys should give the man a little more credit for what he has done, and if you actually spent some time getting to know him, as I had the privilege of doing in Cleveland and Atlanta, you might think differently of him. I think we have all done some rather inane things while under the influence...... I, for one, will continue to hope for a Crimson Glory reunion.... Ben and Midnight have hinted that it might happen, but I would guess that if people continue to misunderstand and slander him, that may change things. He and Ben still have the magic, believe me...

Brian Ash

I found his "dancing" the 2nd time he came out quite amusing. I seriously doubt he knew the songs at all. On the song where he did sing, it seemed to me that he finally heard a bit he could remember and he kept singing that one line over and over. It would have been nicer if he didn't sing it during the audience participation part I think. I thought Kamelot were very cool about it all.

ratanda said:
I found his "dancing" the 2nd time he came out quite amusing. I seriously doubt he knew the songs at all. On the song where he did sing, it seemed to me that he finally heard a bit he could remember and he kept singing that one line over and over. It would have been nicer if he didn't sing it during the audience participation part I think. I thought Kamelot were very cool about it all.
Yea, that was classic. I met the Kamelot guys backstage and they seemed to think it was just another fun thing that happens on stage. Midnight and Ben were both hanging out in the backstage with Kamelot, who were super cool to the fans.

Jase

hey guys midnight here... i heard i was getting slammed over here so i thought i would drop in and say hi---geese wheres the love?
atleast one person stuck up for me thanks....i dont mind getting slammed its not the first time but i thought i would fill in a few blanks for you...

first of all we drove into atlanta from florida about a nine hour drive---we arrived early in the morning and this was the first time i heard that they invited me to sing i had never heard the song...ben played it a few times then i decided there wasent enough time to learn anything but the chorus with him and there werent many till the end so i decided not to sing at all...then we had lunch.. margiritas and fries....i figured since i wasent singing i would party as planned... then i was off to do a couple interviews..and more drinking and smoking as usual the rest of the day.. i was running on no sleep and high octain,,,(nothing new)...by the time camelot got on stage i was having a great time and decided to goahead and do the chorus with them

i was near the stage when the stage hand called me over and asked me if i was ready SURE i said so he told me what mic to use and said ok" GO "--------------me not being firmiliar with their songs ..i dident know it was the wrong song..and apparently he was confused or perhaps he was told i was singing on that song too??---anyway it obviously wasent the right one...lol...SH*T!!
all i could do is laugh..i kept waiting for the chs but it never came......sorry some of you dident see the humor...by the way ive never smoked crack in my life...erb and beer is my only magic poisons-------then later i finally got to sleep for a few hours then about one in the morning i heard a party going on and i jammed till 5 am...when i got back to the hotel room ben was waking up and wanted to leave...so we did and i was up for another 9 hrs.....then i slept for a day....anyway thats what the f#ck was up with me.. :loco:

come see me sometime---THEMIDNIGHTMANSION.COM

Thats totally cool of you Midnight to tell some of these idiots what happened. Everyone always think they know whats going on, you will never know unless you know.

And dude your website is a trip LOL

Bear<------Still think In Dark Places is one of the best metal songs everrrrr!!!

I for one was happy that I actually got a chance to meet you & Ben to get a cd sleeve signed. I've lived in Spring Hill for years and never got a chance to see you guys back in the day do to my being under 18/21 in the 80s/early 90s. That goes for Kamelot and Savatage as well. 3 phenomenal bands in my back yard that I'm just NOW getting a chance to see perform. Maybe a Crimson Glory reunion is what we all need as well.

I was stoked when I found out you recorded on the Genius Rock Opera disc, I picked that up as soon as I heard you were on it. Terminate is a killer song and proves that you still got the chops after not hearing you for a long time.

A lot of people will misunderstand without knowing the whole story, I'm guilty as charged to, but I never let it get to the extreme, my criticisms are generally tongue-in-cheek anyhow.

It's great you popped over to post, it's really cool when the band members participate. So thanks for that and thanks for giving me and the other people that appreciate it pictures & autogrpahs and a few moments of your time.

One of the things you do is PARTY & I'm sure Midnight was doin' some of that as well!I just think he missed his cue,that's all!!:) BTW Midnight,I was the guy from Cleveland you ran into at the BW & BK show in Cleveland.You walked up to me & tapped me on the shoulder & said "Nice shirt dude"!!I thought it was pretty cool/funny that you were signing Wuthering Heights cd's as well:tickled:
Keep on rockin' man & hope to hear some new stuff soon!!
Krusty/Antithesis
http://www.antithesis.cc

I'm not very familiar with CG's stuff, but I caught his little acoustic set at the fairfield and talked to him briefly and he seemed like a pretty nice guy and his acoustic songs were cool. I didn't catch his spot during the Kamelot show as I was schmoozing with the tad Morose guys, but shit happens.... the way I see it.

Bryant

mid said:
hey guys midnight here... i heard i was getting slammed over here so i thought i would drop in and say hi---geese wheres the love?
atleast one person stuck up for me thanks....i dont mind getting slammed its not the first time but i thought i would fill in a few blanks for you...

first of all we drove into atlanta from florida about a nine hour drive---we arrived early in the morning and this was the first time i heard that they invited me to sing i had never heard the song...ben played it a few times then i decided there wasent enough time to learn anything but the chorus with him and there werent many till the end so i decided not to sing at all...then we had lunch.. margiritas and fries....i figured since i wasent singing i would party as planned... then i was off to do a couple interviews..and more drinking and smoking as usual the rest of the day.. i was running on no sleep and high octain,,,(nothing new)...by the time camelot got on stage i was having a great time and decided to goahead and do the chorus with them

i was near the stage when the stage hand called me over and asked me if i was ready SURE i said so he told me what mic to use and said ok" GO "--------------me not being firmiliar with their songs ..i dident know it was the wrong song..and apparently he was confused or perhaps he was told i was singing on that song too??---anyway it obviously wasent the right one...lol...SH*T!!
all i could do is laugh..i kept waiting for the chs but it never came......sorry some of you dident see the humor...by the way ive never smoked crack in my life...erb and beer is my only magic poisons-------then later i finally got to sleep for a few hours then about one in the morning i heard a party going on and i jammed till 5 am...when i got back to the hotel room ben was waking up and wanted to leave...so we did and i was up for another 9 hrs.....then i slept for a day....anyway thats what the f#ck was up with me.. :loco:

come see me sometime---THEMIDNIGHTMANSION.COM

Hello Midnight,

Dont sweat some of these rude people! I thought it was cool that you were on stage with Kamelot, despite the wrong timing. Half of those rude people are wannabee rock stars anyway. Come back next year with Crimson!!

Todd

da4thlegacy said:
Hello Midnight,

Dont sweat some of these rude people! I thought it was cool that you were on stage with Kamelot, despite the wrong timing. Half of those rude people are wannabee rock stars anyway. Come back next year with Crimson!!

Todd

HALF ARE WANNABEES?? i thought it was more like 95.75% and then the rest are overly critical i.e. 'it's too cold', 'i couldnt see good', 'i fell down the stairs', 'a drumstick hit my head' etc. You're at a metal show so EXPECT these things. yes, you'll have to stand up for 5 hours and no it wont be fun doing that but it was worth it. People need to quit bitching about their surroundings and ADAPT, it's not going to be given to you.