WTF is up with Midnight???

mid said:
hey guys midnight here... i heard i was getting slammed over here so i thought i would drop in and say hi---geese wheres the love?
atleast one person stuck up for me thanks....i dont mind getting slammed its not the first time but i thought i would fill in a few blanks for you...

first of all we drove into atlanta from florida about a nine hour drive---we arrived early in the morning and this was the first time i heard that they invited me to sing i had never heard the song...ben played it a few times then i decided there wasent enough time to learn anything but the chorus with him and there werent many till the end so i decided not to sing at all...then we had lunch.. margiritas and fries....i figured since i wasent singing i would party as planned... then i was off to do a couple interviews..and more drinking and smoking as usual the rest of the day.. i was running on no sleep and high octain,,,(nothing new)...by the time camelot got on stage i was having a great time and decided to goahead and do the chorus with them

i was near the stage when the stage hand called me over and asked me if i was ready SURE i said so he told me what mic to use and said ok" GO "--------------me not being firmiliar with their songs ..i dident know it was the wrong song..and apparently he was confused or perhaps he was told i was singing on that song too??---anyway it obviously wasent the right one...lol...SH*T!!
all i could do is laugh..i kept waiting for the chs but it never came......sorry some of you dident see the humor...by the way ive never smoked crack in my life...erb and beer is my only magic poisons-------then later i finally got to sleep for a few hours then about one in the morning i heard a party going on and i jammed till 5 am...when i got back to the hotel room ben was waking up and wanted to leave...so we did and i was up for another 9 hrs.....then i slept for a day....anyway thats what the f#ck was up with me.. :loco:

come see me sometime---THEMIDNIGHTMANSION.COM

Im gonna go on the record and publicly apologize for my statements Midnight... i love Crimson Glory ... i heard the rumors and went along with it ..... Im sorry..

thanks everyone but no need to apoligise ..i thought it was quite funny myself..no hard feelings..i just wanted everyone to know it wasent really my fault..

p.s...i tried loging in as midnight but it said it was taken already is somone posting under my name??...also i will have clips from my new album coming next week at--themidnightmansion...in the forum..it takes some searcing to find it but its there..

peace----mid

mid said:
thanks everyone but no need to apoligise ..i thought it was quite funny myself..no hard feelings..i just wanted everyone to know it wasent really my fault..

p.s...i tried loging in as midnight but it said it was taken already is somone posting under my name??...also i will have clips from my new album coming next week at--themidnightmansion...in the forum..it takes some searcing to find it but its there..

peace----mid

My only complaint was that no one came to wake me up! If I had only stayed up for 5 minutes longer!

-MetalRose

Hey, Midnight!
I, for one, was very glad to see you back up on stage however briefly and enjoyed what little you did. No need to apologize in my opinion and I certainly enjoyed meeting you and Ben in the V.I.P. lounge the night before. No, you weren't sober (or a gentleman, ha ha ha) but it was still quite a treat and I have a couple of very cool pictures that will be posted later.

Keep it together dude, and I look forward to seeing you and Ben playing together again some day. We at BEC will be happy to promote anything you do.

Ann Marie

(DAMN! I somehow missed that little improptu concert at the Fairfield. We left at 5:30 a.m. because I just couldn't stand up anymore....no no, not drunk, dead-dog TIRED!)

mid said:
hey guys midnight here... i heard i was getting slammed over here so i thought i would drop in and say hi---geese wheres the love?
atleast one person stuck up for me thanks....i dont mind getting slammed its not the first time but i thought i would fill in a few blanks for you...

first of all we drove into atlanta from florida about a nine hour drive---we arrived early in the morning and this was the first time i heard that they invited me to sing i had never heard the song...ben played it a few times then i decided there wasent enough time to learn anything but the chorus with him and there werent many till the end so i decided not to sing at all...then we had lunch.. margiritas and fries....i figured since i wasent singing i would party as planned... then i was off to do a couple interviews..and more drinking and smoking as usual the rest of the day.. i was running on no sleep and high octain,,,(nothing new)...by the time camelot got on stage i was having a great time and decided to goahead and do the chorus with them

i was near the stage when the stage hand called me over and asked me if i was ready SURE i said so he told me what mic to use and said ok" GO "--------------me not being firmiliar with their songs ..i dident know it was the wrong song..and apparently he was confused or perhaps he was told i was singing on that song too??---anyway it obviously wasent the right one...lol...SH*T!!
all i could do is laugh..i kept waiting for the chs but it never came......sorry some of you dident see the humor...by the way ive never smoked crack in my life...erb and beer is my only magic poisons-------then later i finally got to sleep for a few hours then about one in the morning i heard a party going on and i jammed till 5 am...when i got back to the hotel room ben was waking up and wanted to leave...so we did and i was up for another 9 hrs.....then i slept for a day....anyway thats what the f#ck was up with me.. :loco:

Hey Mid,

I just now finished reading al! bulls@#% that people are writing about you.
Along with the others who have vigorously defended you on this thread, I have also been eagerly waiting for the return of Crimson Glory with the only man for the front man job...you! So, to see you on the stage that night regardless of any condition you may have been in, was spell binding.
I wish I would have known you were at Fairfield. I had the killer green from Humbolt California with me. Maybe next time. Anyway, it was great to see & hear you live again and I hope to see you at ProgPower VI.

Warmest Regards,

Eric Boles
www.timelinemusic.net

eboles wrote..."I wish I would have known you were at Fairfield. I had the killer green from Humbolt California with me."

mid does his best impression of homer---DOO!!

mid said:

Right here! :worship:

Said this when first meeting you and want to say it again here. You single-handedly increased my range by 1/2 an octave. And not just me, I'm sure. In terms of influence, CG was and still is huge, as you should be. For anyone who wasn't there, all you had to do was look at the expressions on the faces around you to know that something magical was taking place. Not one person there wasn't moved by your performance, Midnight. And you kicked ass on the 6-string!!

Sharing time making music with you while the sun was rising is a moment in time I have forever captured in my heart. For these things I thank you.

Still wish we could've coaxed Maria back to the FF! LOL :D

mid said:

peace----mid
Midnight,

Thanks again for the private performance early morning Sunday too. That was such a treat dude, you have no idea. :headbang:

I've been waiting quite a long time to hear you sing and I was not disappointed at all. :worship:

Plus, I was the only one from the PP crew to actually see it. Slackers. :D

With the new material coming out next week, when does the new album come out? Any chance of a tour?

Thanks again brutha! Much love!

:kickass:

Zilla

Midnight, it was cool to briefly hang out with you and Ben and thanks so much for signing my CD covers and posing for some pictures...even if you wanted to grab my drink man...I would have gladly bought you one! :)

Can't wait for the new stuff, I have a real cool video of you doing Pain live at some public access cable show. I hope you and Ben and the rest of the guys are able to get together and finally record as CG.

One last thing, I must say your site is a real trip man...you think you can give me a ticket so I can catch the show, it locked me out. :)

Cheers bro, Tony

mid said:

Thanks man for hanging out with us after the show. Your private show could've alone made this year a progpower to remember.

Thanks, you're awesome :headbang:

I just had to take a moment and post here about Mid... I heard through some people about this thread - and thrilled to see Mid out and about :D - and just had to share a bit of what I know and have learned through getting to know Mid over these last few years...

I was one in a small group of people that got to hang with Mid and Ben in Cleveland for an extensive amount of time... The guys are totally awesome... Whether it was jammin' in the hotel bar at midnight - no pun intended - with the guys from Seven Witches, to signing autographs and taking pics with anyone and everyone that asked, whenever, wherever... These two made themselves available to all and it was truly awesome to see...

Call me partical, you'll find me hangin' around in Mid's Mansion as well as many of the people who also went to Cleveland but he's truly a great guy who can still sing anything and make it sound good.. with more emotion and heart than ever before..

and both Ben and Mid's new stuff RAWKS :headbang:

now.. back to the Attic :wave:

runnin on faith
jenn :loco:

WOW great to hear from you guys----shades of grey---power freak----im so surprised that you guys from that that morning are here----and by the way when i tried to snach the drink out of your hand why the hell dident you just give it to me....lol ...??
anyway its great to see you here and thank you jen my love for your kind words---i will keep checking in but you might also like to know that clips from my new album are posted on my website----THEMIDNIGHTMANSION.COM.....they may not be what you expect but the album is not eaven half done and there is heavier songs coming..these are just for fun...such is my life and music----peace---mid

Hey Midnight,
I have to admit that I haven't listened to my copy of "Transcendence (admittedly, my only CG album)" in a long time. But I was so impressed by your friendly, non-defensive posts in this thread that I took it off the shelf and listened to it for the first time in years. Listening to it again, I think you guys were really ahead of the pack and now I want to check the other CG albums out. I'm curious what the reaction to Crimson Glory was when those albums were first released. Anyway, cool stuff, and take care.

Hey Mid,

I don't have much to say, other than you're totally awesome for hanging out and being cool with everyone, both live and on these message boards. That just makes you all that much cooler. Thanks for brightening my day!

-- Laura

RUTHVEN---i was very happy to have our music put out to the fans however when STRANGE AND BEAUTIFUL came out i was not very happy--mostly because i dident agree with the band on the direction of some of the songs....

Hey Midnight.... Was great talkin to you again.... I saw yer performance out in Cleveland and I was the one that was talkin to ya that morning and suggested playing your new song as it really kicked ass.... Was great seeing you guys again and I hope you make it to ProgPower 6!!!! BTW.... A Crimson Glory reunion would be awesome!!!!! :headbang:

mid said:
You might also like to know that clips from my new album are posted on my website----THEMIDNIGHTMANSION.COM.....they may not be what you expect but the album is not eaven half done and there is heavier songs coming..these are just for fun...such is my life and music----peace---mid

Hey Midnight!

I've listened to the clips you've posted and although they aren't typically the type of music I would pursue, I must say I did enjoy them and do plan on picking up the CD when it does come out.

My first impression is that what you've created is very unique (and refreshing) and secondly, that you've still got the passion and fire which comes through in the moodiness and atmosphere that only you can create.

Of the five songs posted, I really like, "Pain", "Moonshine", and "Driving my Girlfriend". I don't know if those are the titles, but had to give them a descriptor so you knew which ones I was talking about. On those songs, it seems as if you were channeling Jim Morrison from the dead to help you write those songs. I'm a big Doors fan. The other two songs were a bit on the funny side, but still entertaining to listen to. I can almost see you dueting with Willie Nelson on those two songs.

I'm really looking forward to the future samples which you hint will be more in the metal mood.

Keep up the good work!

Hi there :)
The names of the songs you are referring to are:
Pain
Miss Katie
Cat Song

As a side note- the songs have been temporarily removed for the time being.

Midnight is a very talented, truly "strange and beautiful" man in many different and sometimes mysterious ways. Regardless of what musical style his voice intertwines the melody of now, they are still his own words and his voice can still portray emotion like no other... his imagery can be haunting or beautiful, and sometimes both at the same time.