www.ilovemetal.co.uk/noise101

martyfireball

myspace.com/studioferox
Sep 5, 2003
belfast, UK
www.myspace.com
Just wondering if any of you guys actually use this site, as it's come to the stage where time is really REALLY tight and I haven't had a chance to develop and add more to it. Also, I've bigger plans for the ilovemetal domain name, so.....
Do I...
1. Let someone else take it over? Volunteers?
2. Move it to a free crappy domain name and just let it sit?
3. Have someone who knows what they're doing write the code to allow it to be updated by anyone? Again, volunteers?
4. Something else?

Some good ideas there... i sure hope that you won't stop with that site, it's bookmarked over here on my PC, and it's been very helpfull!

Just wondering if any of you guys actually use this site, as it's come to the stage where time is really REALLY tight and I haven't had a chance to develop and add more to it. Also, I've bigger plans for the ilovemetal domain name, so.....
Do I...
3. Have someone who knows what they're doing write the code to allow it to be updated by anyone? Again, volunteers?
4. Something else?
if it must go
then no 2 is the best option, with possibility of being heavily updated once in a while

Do I...
4. Something else?

I am willing to host it for you.

I have free unltd space and if it means that much to the folks here, i am happy to host it on my add free server for ya.

Hit me a PM.

Yea dude don't get rid of it I LOVE THAT PAGE!!

it would be sweet to add some new stuff though but its bookmarked here also and i keep hiting it up for info now and again:headbang:

Dont let it go away ....PLEASE

Ill give you unlimited space and bandwidth, anything ya want on the web hostings end of things !!!

Shit ill even take it over so the pros over on the sneap / colin forums can update it

Please dont let it die !!!

Email me (check your private messages) ill put it on my server free and from there you can decide what you want to do with it. Shit ill even throw in a domain name !!!

Guys, can't believe the response already, much apprechiated.
Just to clarify:-
I need the domain name for other business, so i'd like to get the noise101 domain(.net @£8.99 or .co.uk@£2.99 although i'm not able to pay for this out of my own pocket right now, maybe i can set up a donate thing?) but hosting is no probs, I've plenty of space, it's just that I don't have the time to go hunting for the info anymore, and ultimately I'd like for anyone to be able to submit the info, but i can't code anything like that.

yea im sure there are some cool people willing to help with whatever shit if i had a credit card you can swoop domains from yahoo for like 3.00:kickass:

Guys, can't believe the response already, much apprechiated.
Just to clarify:-
I need the domain name for other business, so i'd like to get the noise101 domain(.net @£8.99 or .co.uk@£2.99 although i'm not able to pay for this out of my own pocket right now, maybe i can set up a donate thing?) but hosting is no probs, I've plenty of space, it's just that I don't have the time to go hunting for the info anymore, and ultimately I'd like for anyone to be able to submit the info, but i can't code anything like that.
Set up a wiki then, everyone should be able to add content, be it tips, guides or whatever. The changes in content are non-destructive (ie you can roll back if someone goes on a destructive spree and deletes content) and it's community moderated - think wikipedia.org, that's the perfect example. How does that sound? There's plenty of GNU wiki software around, it usually runs on PHP/MySQL (there's also ASP, Java versions of course) and requires little setup. Some wiki engines off the top of my head: http://phpwiki.org/ , MediaWiki - MediaWiki (wikipedia runs on this, we use it as our corporate wiki at work too) ...

And thanks for noise101, it's a great site, don't let it die please!

so, cuz no one else could be arsed and i managed to get a window at around 4.30 am, in between feeding my 8 week old baby and trying to work, eat, sleep etc, i got a wiki going.

I still need all you guys to input into it to actually realize it's potential, and also if you can spare a buck or two, it needs domain name and hosting paid for.
It's still at ilovemetal.co.uk for a few more weeks.