www.millennium-music.co.uk SUCK ASS.

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
So its December 16th, and i've ordered myself a nice Adam Sub from Nottingham to complement the A7 monitors in my project studio. Item is in stock for delivery within 3-5 days.

3-5 days pass, no communication other than the automated order mail. No goods at my house yet.

I email the store, no reply.

December 22nd, I call the store @ rage. They inform me that it should arrive tomorrow at their store for delivery on xmas eve. All fine and dandy, so I think.

Christmas eve, not a sausage. I think fine, maybe a hold up, it is christmas afterall, fair enough.

New year passes, still no sub and no communication. I email the store :)lol:).

BTW, I saved myself a TENNER from ordering from these jokers A tenner. LOL.

Tomorrow, im calling them and getting them to reverse this transaction, and I will promptly go over to gak.co.uk where I will pay ten pounds extra and recieve the sub on next day delivery. This is what I will look like whilst on the phone:

fuuuuu.jpg

Moral of the story, don't order from random places you found on google shopping, even if they do appear to be relatively decent. Especially this shitbag excuse for a company.

I hope this post gains a randomly high google ranking and fucks their sales for years to come too :lol: Im not bitter at all :heh:

Please feel free to post your music ordering horror storys :zombie:

Sorry to hear about that man, I never even heard of the company, but if I ever see it now in a google search I'll steer well clear. GAK on the other hand are amazing, as are dv247. I've only had good experiences with them

I can recommend GAK too. I mean, I got me a credit card just to be able to order from them. :lol:

Have yet to experience a real horror story. *knock on metal*

I just prefer companies who will give a guitar a good in-house setup (not only the factory setup) before shipping out. Saves some time/hassle.

A few years back, I had my mom (who lived in the US) order one of Korg's USB keyboards for me from Musician's Friend and then re-ship it up here (Canada).

It got to her nice and quick, no worries there.

She took it to the post office, express shipping, whatever, around December 20th - it didn't get to me until the middle of March.

According to the online tracking tool, it was at Customs the entire time. However, nobody could tell us a thing about where it was or why it was taking so long. Around the end of January she filed an official "wtf, you lost my shit" claim with the US Postal Service. They didn't get around to asking me if I'd received the parcel until some time in fucking JUNE.

Talk about efficiency.

USPS is a joke with most anything

FEDEX arrives at my door, EVERY SINGLE TIME, on time.

UPS is a little FARK

and Sweetwater IS THE ONE AND ONLY place to order something for serious.

USPS is a joke with most anything

FEDEX arrives at my door, EVERY SINGLE TIME, on time.

UPS is a little FARK

I got say 100% I can't agree more. Fedex is great, UPS blows because of how late they deliver and USPS is a fucking crap shoot.

I also REALLY love Sweetwater they have always been good to me so far.

The problem with my latest purchase was that it was partially a gift card. :erk:

<enter rant mode>
You mean when they lay off the dope, right? I've had Sweetwater seriously fuck up an order of mine, and then lie to me about it.

I ordered a direct box. $199. Well, the dumbass at Sweetwater put the value for customs at $1999, so naturally, it gets held at the border. Of course, I don't know this, and I'm trying to figure out where the hell my DI is over the phone. So, I get the assclown's boss on the line & he tells me it's Canada Custom's fault & Sweetwater is 100% innocent.

Of course, several days later, I get a letter from UPS demading a customs brokerage percentage, and then I find out what the declared value was. Now what really pissed me off was this paper not only had assclown's signature on it, but HIS BOSS' signature as well. You'd think the fuckwad in charge would actually READ WHAT HE'S SIGNING and catch the problem. A two thousand dollar direct box? From Radial? No problem!

Needless to say, I immediately reversed the charges & sent the package back to Sweetwater. This was in 2005 and I've never purchased anything from them ever since.

My M.O. is pretty simple: If I'm giving you money, don't fuck with me. And then don't lie about it when you do fuck up.

As far as I'm concerned, Sweetwater is run by a bunch of unethical lying cunts & they can go straight to hell.

<end rant>

Next time, try Vintage King out of Detroit. Seriously cool people.
http://www.vintageking.com/
Got my Api's there & they threw in a free lunchbox.

On a side note to my fellow Canadians: When shipping from the US, NEVER SHIP GROUND. This goes for UPS, FEDEX, and PUROLATOR. They will charge you up the ass with a surprise Customs Brokerage fee. Nothing like a $40 fee on a $10 t-shirt. If you must use a courier, ship "air" or "next day." It'll be more expensive at the onset, but cheaper in the long run as there's no brokerage fee.

For non-critical things you can wait for, ship USPS. Pretty slow, but I've had a 100% success rate & no brokerage fees.

A mate of mine just started work at Millennium in Nottingham, but that's neither here nor there.....

You're right though, they ARE shit. And either incapable or unwilling to commit to their estimated lead times. We had to replace a blown Adam P11 and they more or less just fed us a line of bullshit, claiming that the UK distributor (Unity) were stonewalling them and that they didn't think they could sort us a warranty replacement. We called Unity directly and the chap there was as helpful as you could ever want and he sent out a new power amp unit straight away after laughingly chatting about how much Millennium were full of shit and how many problems Unity have had with them.

Then, a while back we ordered some Wharfedale PA speakers for our rehearsal rooms and it turned into the usual ever-extending lead time dance. With one week stretching into two, into four and eventually into 2 months. Always with the excuse that the distributor was to blame.

My advice? Go with Digital Village in future or Gear4Music or ANYONE else. Not GAK though! They're a class of bullshit all to themselves, with their nice habit of advertising for sale items they don't even keep in stock.

I feel this way with musician's friend. When shit goes on back order it goes on back order untill....

Who the fuck knows, not me, and not MF. :lol:

I wish Zzounds actually did price matching. They say they do, but it's complete bullshit.

FWIW, a lot of the times when items are backordered the delay is due to the manufacturer, not the retailer, and there isn't dick that they can do about it

I order my shit through Digital Village. They're pretty decent... or at least not quite as shit as most of the companies out there! Also had good experience with Dolphin Music.

But yeah; fuck GAK.

For non-critical things you can wait for, ship USPS. Pretty slow, but I've had a 100% success rate & no brokerage fees.

+1, UPS and Fedex rob you in brokerage fees. I've had great luck with USPS too and wholeheartedly recommend it, even though it is pretty slow.

When time is not money, USPS is the only option IMHO (to ship to Canada).

I cant say enough bad things about fedex. My fathers company actually had a parcel found on the motorway that was being shipped fedex and some kind person got it to him eventually. When he questioned fedex they came up with every bullshit excuse not realizing he already had the parcel. I also caught one of the drivers who had come here to do a collection claiming no one was in, locked outside his van trying to hook his keys through the window with a stick, funny how he managed to find me when he needed too..... As for parcel force, they lost a spiritual beggars hard drive when their holding depot got broken into over xmas a few yrs ago, no refund or apology. UPS have always been pretty good for me tbh but I'm sure we all have horror stories.

Best experiences I've had have been with Thomann and DV247. Whenever I'm buying something that I can buy considerably cheaper from international stores, I choose from these two. I've only ordered stuff once from DV247, but I ordered a LOT.

I had one slightly annoying problem with DV247 though... I first ordered ReValver from them, but after I had placed my order, I wanted to change it to TH1. I called there because they don't really answer any emails.

Well, eventually when I received my order, you can guess which product was included in the package. I emailed them, and surprisingly, this time they actually answered. They sent someone to pick it up from my doorstep, which made it pretty easy for me. I got the TH1 extra quick after that, which was very cool. Two months after that, I get a message that there's a packet waiting for me to pick it up. At that time, I already could guess what's inside it. Another TH1. At this point, I was expecting an apology of some sort, but I got nothing. I could have easily kept it and sold it but I didn't have the nerve.

All in all, I thought they were pretty solid, there was just some communication problems inside DV. Hope they're trying to resolve them.

DV uses DPD. They're quite smooth. They actually deliver the packages to the nearest store that has a contract with a large finnish delivery company that apparently has a contract with DPD; you can go pick up the stuff whenever YOU have the time, and also, the stores are open during weekends so you can practically pick them up anytime.