OT: UPS FUCKING SUCKS!!!!

These are all valid points elephant. And I am amazed at the level of service they gave you, however...

My bitch about UPS predominately was dropping the damn thing in the middle of my driveway, smashing it to hell and running away like a scared little girl without saying a word to me.

No amount of shipper douchebaggery makes THAT anyone's fault but UPS. This was a double boxed mixer with 4 inches of styrofoam and bubble wrap, the shipper packed it great, but not enough to absorb a 4 foot drop directly on the corner of it.

Had THEY not busted my shit, I wouldn't have had to worry about the shipper at all.

just sayin

elephant-audio said:
When I ordered my Avalon VT-737sp a couple of years back a box for another customer fell on it and smashed it (because the customer packed it in a moronic way) and what did UPS do? They ordered another one *for* me and called me to say that they were extremely sorry about the mess and that they realize they should have had more strict packing requirements, they had ordered a new one for me on their bill with no problems and that it would be overnighted free of charge... I got my Avalon 4 days before it would have arrived using the shipping I had paid for in the first place.

Did UPS pay for someone else to ship it to you? :lol:

Hehe... yeah that story sucks! Guess it depends on the priorities of the day.... 'If they said it'll be at your home on Friday and give you a big ass time table (between 7a.m. and 7p.m.) I would of waited for the Subway....and ordered a delivered Pizza:loco:
I've had UPS leave boxes of cymbals at the end of my driveway! I've had them leave a head on my porch, both times I wasn't home. A UPS driver dropped a head right in front of me, I told him turn around and send it back! I don't even want to look at it. Called the dealer and they next dayed one to me. Had Fed-Ex leave shit with a neighbor that hardly anyone talks too.:lol: When I ordered about $10,000 worth of gear from Sweetwater, I told them Fed-Ex next day before 10 a.m. and Signed by me and me only! It came at 9:00 a.m. Paid about $120 extra, but I got my shit when they said it'd be there, and it was on a Saturday. At the end of the day, with all their computerized shipping systems. It's still humans running the show and humans fuck up more often than the computers do!

Good luck getting that bad boy!!!

GORILLA

A UPS guy did drop a SM81 right in front of me in my driveway once. That was kind of shitty. I plugged it in and it worked great though. =D

Kenny, leaving stuff on your porch is not their fault, they don't know what is in the box...it could be a box full of post-it notes for all they know. If you want to avoid that in the future, make sure that the shipper tells them to require a signature. Problem solved.

~e.a

elephant-audio said:
Kenny, leaving stuff on your porch is not their fault, they don't know what is in the box...it could be a box full of post-it notes for all they know. If you want to avoid that in the future, make sure that the shipper tells them to require a signature. Problem solved.

~e.a
That's just the thing ( I guess I should of mentioned it) I DID TELL THE DEALER that I MUST Sign for it! I always tell them "Never leave my shit on the doorstep"! I don't care if it is post-its' -Make sure someone is home to sign! :loco: haha.. Obviously the dealer didn't put that in writing on the shipment manifest.

And yes, I have had boxes left on my doorstep with the must sign to release tag on them! The last one was from East West- The $700+ orchestral library....uncool!

GORILLA

Ea it sounds to me you got the exception ot the rule bro. I have had ups basically to go fuck myself when they have trashed my gear in the past.