I HATE BANDS WITH EVERY FUCKING CELL OF MY BODY

I've never heard of someone preferring a pick playing bass player till right now o_O

As a listener I love the metallic sound and all the attack the use of a pick adds to the bass tone. I just don't like the sound of the fingers, TBH.

As an AE I prefer the pick playing because of the solidness of the notes (most bassists suck, and even more when playing with fingers. They would be a lot tighter if they always practised with pick) and the possibility to quantize to grid all the bass lines if needed.

I can't generalize, but what I say can be applied to the 100% of the bassists I've ever recorded. I'm sure there will be a lot of good tight bassists that play with pick and/or fingers, but the ones I work more comfy with right now is with the pick ones.

A lot of people hit it like pussy's with there fingers.. i try to hit as hard as possible, and i heard alot of soundman say they actually like the sound i get eventhough they don't like fingers on a bass...
The harder you hit it, the more tone.

My friend became like Hitler and I remember a pop/rock band, the band was awful, so my friend told them the truth "you are shit, you are the worst band on earth and you are wasting your time and money and my patience, Ill give you 2 weeks to prepare everything or never come here again". One of the guys started crying:cry::cry::cry:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I just spit my coffee all over my keyboard reading this shit!!!! THAT is SERIOUSLY funny!

And... he got the result he was after too! ;)

Just goes to show - obedience through brutality is the only way to handle the situation! LOL!!!

You can soften a pick attack, but you can't get more attack out of fingers if it's not in there to begin with.

When players suck using their fingers its usually A) They don't know how to anchor their thumb and B) they don't pluck in the right direction, instead of pulling the string vertically upward, they pull it diagonally upward causing a click against the upper frets.

BTW, if you need a sound like finger playing but fast like a pick, try a felt pick.

It's more common to see amateur bass playing sucking at fingers than sucking at pick, finger playing has more technique to it IMO, for example like the mad scientist says you have to know how to anchor your thumb and pluck correctly, and it can sound like a slimey ball of crap if you don't get that stuff right.

To add to it, I would like to recommend http://www.studybass.com to any begginer bassists, it has helped me out a lot (includes awesomely detailed pictures and explanations of all these techniques) and still does, it also has many advanced lessons, really good stuff in that site

To add to it, I would like to recommend http://www.studybass.com to any begginer bassists, it has helped me out a lot (includes awesomely detailed pictures and explanations of all these techniques) and still does, it also has many advanced lessons, really good stuff in that site

Good find bro, now I have somewhere to point the noobs to. I'll probably go through the articles myself since my practicing habits have basically ended.

*UPDATE*

pGwXzE.jpg

SSSSSSSSSSSHIIIIIIIIIT

the hihat tracks of two songs just fucking dissapeared...i dont know how...
last time i opened the project it was fine...
NOW i have to take the original tracks without any edits and edit/sync them again:cry:

seriously...if there is a God...he must hate me...:cry:

Its the truth though....
Being a hard ass sucks at times.. but i'd rather face a half an hour of hate from a sucky bandmember, then tracking him for a day or 2 long because he doesn't know how to play..
And then a day editting that ;)