I HATE BANDS WITH EVERY FUCKING CELL OF MY BODY

gotta be cruel to be kind IMO
when you're recording a band, mixing a track, mastering, whatever, any of it, YOU ARE THE BIG CHEESE.
make it known, be the big boss man, put your foot down and don't be afraid to assert your authority now and then.

btw erik i c wat u did thar lolol

I think I'll NEVER allow someone, except for people who have really good ears and ideas in term of production, behind my shoulders when I mix. Must be impossible to live with !

I only allow the band to be with me at tracking/editing some parts. They tell me exactly where they want the effects and shit and I mark it on Reaper.

If they wanted to mix themselves they shouldn't have booked any recording with me, so I'm mixing everything alone. Always.

Ole tus cojones Zeronaut!

In the past I did some recordings in a friend's studio, he was starting so he accepted every band. Can you imagine recently created punk bands of teenagers recording their bullshit?
It was annoying. Total disaster.
I decided to focus my music career in the 'beauty' side, I mean, rehearse, gigs, beer, chicks... otherwise i would end hating music. Now I'm only into recording for my bands' records, which I enjoy it very much.

My friend became like Hitler and I remember a pop/rock band, the band was awful, so my friend told them the truth "you are shit, you are the worst band on earth and you are wasting your time and money and my patience, Ill give you 2 weeks to prepare everything or never come here again". One of the guys started crying:cry::cry::cry:
Finally they did one of the greatest rock'and roll megaedited piece of shit, and them they split and some of them left music. Well done.

With todays powerful tools for editing, everybody can record and album, full of tricks and lies.
We should stop this and return to the Analogue Tape Ages.

BTW Zeronaut, which is the Label for thaat shitty band?

My friend became like Hitler and I remember a pop/rock band, the band was awful, so my friend told them the truth "you are shit, you are the worst band on earth and you are wasting your time and money and my patience, Ill give you 2 weeks to prepare everything or never come here again". One of the guys started crying:cry::cry::cry:

HAHAHahhaahahhahaahaha, I feel bad, but jesus christ :lol::lol::lol:

hahahahahahahahahaha you just made my day

Then we got to record the bass. :zombie:

When I met the bassist the first thing that came to my mind was he smelled so bad :lol:. Well, we went down to my basement-studio and started tuning the bass and shit (this one) and I realised he played bass with the fingers :cry:.
So playing with fingers is a bad thing? There's plenty of albums that have excellent bass tones, recorded with fingers.

When we started setting up a sound, everything sounded muddy on POD Farm, so we turned knobs and more knobs to try to get a clear sound. It was him, his playing was muddy. Then he told me he was a lefty but played standard basses since day one. That explained a lot of things.
So was it because he sucked at playing, or because he played with fingers?

We finally started recording something, and the guy just couldn't do any upbeats in the songs, played 8th notes as triplets (he couldn't play 16th notes at 130 bpm...).
That's terrible, shit that's just elementary shit. I can't play 16ths @ 130bpm now because I don't practice a whole lot anymore (so I've lost a lot of finger dexterity) but when I first started playing, that shit was second-nature after a couple of weeks.

Then the band (that hate him) told me he was saying that he played awesome on the recording and that I edited almost everything to be perfect on the mix, "just like every producer does with every bassist around"
lol sounds like he has no clue what he's talking about, does he even have one iota of production knowledge?

Yeah really, I'd much rather play with fingers but I'll use a pick if the song calls for it. Boost the treble, slap a little more compression on it, and you have a relatively-close sound to a pick anyway.

I've never heard of someone preferring a pick playing bass player till right now o_O

It´s really common for guitarists and AEs to prefer pick playing for recordings, personally I use both depending on the band/song, the sound can vary a hell lot just by that simple fact. normally if the riffs are really busy I play with fingers to make it sound more fluid, if it´s more simple or rhythmic instead of riff-y (if you get what I mean) I use a pick, on one of my bands I always use a thumb pick, so I can switch depending on the situation, in the other one I just go straight pick all the time