www.millennium-music.co.uk SUCK ASS.

i've used Dv, Kmr, Thomann and unity audio and GAK all with good results.
Unity are probably the slowest out of the lot in terms of shipping; but inceredibly helpful, Kevin is a great guy

Personally I've had problems with DV247 and Dolphin Music, items listed as in stock on the website and then when I place my order it seems that they aren't! Then you have the everlasting wait with dates being pushed back and back and back.

Studiospares though, are hands down one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. Everything always arrives very quickly with no delays. Fantastic customer service too.

Yeah DV247 used to work with UPS, i usually received things in 2/3 working days now that they changed to DPD it never takes less than a week... To come to Portugal things go to germany, stay a few days stopped in there and then they are delievered to Chronopost for internal delivery, and chronopost sucks major balls!!!
I order a 333xl and Amplitube from them last december and they sent it at 12 and it took 12 days to deliever, i only received it in 30Th almost without time to register the amplitube promotion!...
I Like DV247 a lot but their change to DPD/Chronopost has been a disaster for me...

I'd say gak and dv247 are the way to go. Never had any problems with them, always helpful.

However, if you don't mind paying a little bit extra every so often for absolute reliability and customer service, studiospares cannot be beaten within the uk

You's could try x-music - its a new irish company in dublin- they claim to match any thomann price, maybe you could haggle them down even lower if you were buying enough or expensive enough. they are a cool bunch of guys and they got some wicked gear in the store. anything i've ever bought off them has been perfect - never had any problems, and i used to pop down to them when i was in college to get some cheap gear for raffles to raise money etc and they always gave discounts

GAK might be cheaper though - not sure

anyway here's the link - you's tell me what you think of them: www.xmusic.ie

I'd say gak and dv247 are the way to go. Never had any problems with them, always helpful.

However, if you don't mind paying a little bit extra every so often for absolute reliability and customer service, studiospares cannot be beaten within the uk

I'm pretty sure Studiospares do a price match actually. So even though the prices are a bit higher on the site you can email or call them to get the same price as the cheaper sites.

I live in the city where Sweetwater is located. I've bought a couple things from there because I could just walk in and get it. Wouldn't recommend em though because the owners a royal ass fuck.

Yo, just signed up to plug my services as an engineer, but if you order from Millenium just ask for Joe (me) if you're buying studio gear and need to talk at length/sort shit out.

I'm kinda in charge of that floor of the shop during the week, it's not my job to sort this shit out of hours, but feel free to give me a bell in the week to ask about the Sub7 situation if you need to know :)

I once ordered guitar tuners for my Jackson (6 left) from Thomann. I got 3 left / 3 right. Sent it back and told them what the problem was. Again, got 3 left / 3 right. Sent it back and told them (this time on the phone) what the problem was. The guy said he'd make sure they were the right ones next time. Again, got 3 left / 3 right. Sent it back and got my money plus all the postage fees back. Still didn't have any tuners for my guitar after several weeks though...
The problem was that they had the wrong sticker (6 left) on the box. Even though the box clearly said "3 left / 3 right" they probably just used a barcode scanner and didn't bother to check the actual box. I told them that when I was on the phone with them but they still couldn't figure it out.
I've ordered several times from there though and apart from this one episode it was always fine.

Yo, just signed up to plug my services as an engineer, but if you order from Millenium just ask for Joe (me) if you're buying studio gear and need to talk at length/sort shit out.

I'm kinda in charge of that floor of the shop during the week, it's not my job to sort this shit out of hours, but feel free to give me a bell in the week to ask about the Sub7 situation if you need to know :)

Cheers dude, last I heard from Tom was that there is a delay getting a container in from Adam. Would be amazing to have some inside knowledge :kickass:

I bring news peeps. I returned from work to find a rather sizeable package, to my surprise! Took me about 45 minutes to unpack/rig up and positioning im still deciding on, but think i've got a pretty good spot. So, millenium music, £298, a damn good price, if you want to wait 1 month and 4 days :p

I'm sticking with a 85hz crossover for now (seems logical and obviously dolby recommended), might go a little lower for more tighness at some point. I began switching between 0-180 and 180 seems to really take the impact away, so 0 it shall be.

Tell you what, it's great to be able to "feel" the music now. It has ass, and ass is good! It's hilarious when you duck the sub and realise what you were missing before. With a bit of luck my bass will come out a bit nicer now. Thats the monitor set up dealt with for a few years to come i'm sure. Unless I get a real bad GAS attack.

P.S

I'm excellently cheap thrills with the remote control, turning the motorised pots. :lol:

Focus on your job, and not your hobby. kthxbye.

Took me a sec to realize this was the thread about your sub, and not the bass - you've not been having the best of luck with online purchases involving low-end it seems! :D Glad this one worked out anyway! (hopefully the bass will too :headbang: )