aviroig: record collector BS
seipptastic: ok
seipptastic: so I'm the smart one then
aviroig: costs just as much to do a CDS
seipptastic: we're the smart ones I mean
aviroig: heh
seipptastic: see that's what I'm talking about
aviroig: and only nerds buy em
seipptastic: I thought maybe records are cheaper to make?
seipptastic: but no
aviroig: nope
aviroig: not really
aviroig: same or more expensive
aviroig: totally worthless endeavor
seipptastic: so
seipptastic: what's the point
aviroig: THERE ISN"T ONE
seipptastic: that's what i thought
aviroig: it's just to appease record collecting nerds
seipptastic: but then I thought...well if all these people love buying records, there must be SOME point
seipptastic: but no
aviroig: exactly
aviroig: you get extra punkrock scenester points, too
seipptastic: so
seipptastic: you get points with other people that waste their time in the same way you do
aviroig: yep
seipptastic: SWEET

the only records I have are from when I was a young, dumb punk or are either used classical (cheap way to hear new music in a genre I don't know too well) or out of print country stuff that I clean up and record to CD.

I have lots of old records but I never play them, I just like to buy them for like $1 at the record store.

I got a bunch of Yngwie, Quiet Riot, Rush and Kansas records.

they were good for rolling your joints on them too, back in the day.

hey, i have some records. i like them because they remind me of growing up. plus, the colored vinyl is kinda neato.
i usually only buy new vinyl of collectible stuff of bands i really dig. like a blue vinyl spirit caravan 10"- wino rocks. i don't have much of that stuff, though. like 99% of mine is LPs from the 30 cent bins and garage sales. it's a good way to hear other music when you'd not normally spend $10 for a cd of it. but a certain part of me is geeky about it, esp if there are extra unreleased songs. i ordered a cave in 7" not too long ago. my 7" records are mostly from when i was growing up. like Quiet Riot, Twisted Sister, Ratt, etc.