Xen - 84,000 Dharma Doors

Originally posted by Schism
Thanks for the heads up, lot's of reviews I have read are extremely favourable:)

Do You have all of Conception's stuff?
The last sunset is a little ordinary but the rest is fab!!!

Yes, I have all of Conception's stuff.

"The Last Sunset" is slightly weak, but still has some great songs, such as the title track and "Amongst the Gods"...

"Paralell Minds" is a nice solid album... my faves being the title track and "Roll the Fire"...

"In Your Multitude" is one of the greatest albums ever made... it's amazing what this band accomplished on this release... such meaningful songs... powerful melodies, catchy hooks, technical proficiency... it's absolutely stunning... songs like "Some Wounds", "Carnal Comprehension", "Missionary Man", etc. are so awesome.

"Flow" is another great work of art... more streamlined and "commercial"... "Gethsemane" is my favorite... very sultry song with great vocals and drums... my first Conception song...

Cool, i am happy you share my fandom, I think The title track of Flow, is my fave off that album.

Did I notice on a previous post that you are also an Opeth fan, I only just got into them this week and cannot stop playing my first purchase B.P. I can't wait to also buy Deliverance and Still Life, how do you feel about those albums comapred to B.P.

I am also interested in Porcupine tree's latest In Absentia, have you heard it, i have listened to some samples (they sound a little like Spock's Beard) and am curious on peoples thoughts, especially since Mikael is such a fan

Originally posted by Schism
Cool, i am happy you share my fandom, I think The title track of Flow, is my fave off that album.

Did I notice on a previous post that you are also an Opeth fan, I only just got into them this week and cannot stop playing my first purchase B.P. I can't wait to also buy Deliverance and Still Life, how do you feel about those albums comapred to B.P.

I am also interested in Porcupine tree's latest In Absentia, have you heard it, i have listened to some samples (they sound a little like Spock's Beard) and am curious on peoples thoughts, especially since Mikael is such a fan

Yes, the title track to "Flow" is so smooth... and just flows... :)

Yes, I like Opeth. I think both "Deliverance" and "Still Life" are better than B.P. "Deliverance" might be my favorite... the production just kills...

I would highly recommend Porcupine Tree's "In Absentia"... one of my favorite albums of 2002. Extremely beautiful songs, with a slight metal edge at times. Gavin Harrison's drumming is jaw-dropping. If you like that, then proceed to "Lightbulb Sun" and "Stupid Dream".

BTW, this new Kamelot album is getting better with every listen... very rich and deep work...

Wanna put my .02 in, but don't want to ruffle any feathers...

I never really understood DT. Always seemed a bit self-indulgent for me...

I just listened to some samples from PT's, 'In Absentia'....in a word....BORING.

and....drum roll please......I couldn't get into Symphony X either. :( :( :(

Two points-first, where the heck can I get this Xen cd??

Second, regarding Kamelot, I really liked Fourth Legacy (got this one first, when it came out). So I bought Seige Perelous, didn't care for that one much. I picked up Karma and it hasn't really grown on me yet, but I haven't given it much of a chance. How does the new one compare to these, and how do you like it so far?

Originally posted by dolphz
Two points-first, where the heck can I get this Xen cd??

Second, regarding Kamelot, I really liked Fourth Legacy (got this one first, when it came out). So I bought Seige Perelous, didn't care for that one much. I picked up Karma and it hasn't really grown on me yet, but I haven't given it much of a chance. How does the new one compare to these, and how do you like it so far?

Well, I purchased my "copy" (the copy that arrived WITHOUT the cd in the case! :mad: ) from http://www.musicexpress.com via Amazon... they have another one up for sale, but I wouldn't recommend buying it... because it might end up being another phantom cd! :mad: :mad: :mad: Ok, I'm REALLY ANGRY! And they still haven't responded to my e-mails!

Other than that, I have no idea...

"Siege Perilous" is widely regarded to be a pretty weak album. It wins the award for "worst production ever" and Khan had just joined, so he had no say in the songwriting... it's very different from the last 3 albums. A couple standout tracks like "Expedition" and "Siege", however.

I like "Karma" more than "4th Legacy".

I am pretty sure "Epica" is my favorite Kamelot so far. It's definately a grower. It's a very rich and enveloping album, I've been engrossed in it for the past couple days... it's more diverse and less "power-metally" than their previous albums...

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
Well, I purchased my "copy" (the copy that arrived WITHOUT the cd in the case! :mad: ) from http://www.musicexpress.com via Amazon... they have another one up for sale, but I wouldn't recommend buying it... because it might end up being another phantom cd! :mad: :mad: :mad: Ok, I'm REALLY ANGRY! And they still haven't responded to my e-mails!

Yay! They just emailed me! They are sending a replacement!

Xen finally arrived in my mailbox. CD was included in the case this time. it's pretty good... seems a lot more "modern radio rock" styled...

Xen is basically a poppier version of Enchant, great songs, I must get round to getting a proper copy one day, only have a cardboard sleeve promo.

Conception great band, shame that they split.
I love Ark's debut, one of my all time faves, the follow up wasn't so great IMO.
I like some Kamelot, but they are starting to sound too samey and 'Epica' is so boring I have to turn off half way through.

Opeth, love them, Blackwater park is great, the new one 'Deliverance' maybe not as good, but BWP was always gonna be hard to top. 'Still Life' also very good, in fact their whole catalogue is excellent.

Porcupine Tree, never used to like them, my girlfriend got me back into them.