xotic effects, bb preamp.

GOA

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2005
bb_new.jpg

Does anybody tryed out one?
Is it somehow related to tube screamer?
Heard from one shreder that with it he can really get decent tone from crapy amp. Wasn't that impressed with the samples he posted. But anyway......
Someone?????

Maybe a link to the samples would stir some conversation about this? As of right now, this is the first time I've ever heard of it, or seen it.

~006

I've lost the link.....samples there, are real crap to my ears. I just wanted to know if it's a decent pedal to substitute ts9.

First of all, he played the Back In Black main riff wrong. Both endings, just off. Wrong notes. Pissed me off. And I like the original solo much more. This guy sucks.

Does he not know how to palm mute the intro to Walk This Way? These are fucking classic ass songs. How do you fuck them up? I like the vocal style on this one though, guitarist still blows. Is that his idea of sweep picking for his lead part in this one too? The second set of leads is just embarassing, I would be ashamed of myself if I ever butchered a classic like this. Aside from the vocals on this one, I prefer the original version.

Because of the last two disappointments, I refuse to listen to the third clip.

Now, what would help to show how this pedal sounds, compared to what a TS does, is to have clips of it on and off. We have no idea what the fuck the original tone (without the pedal) sounds like. This could be just some guy's normal tone out of his amp. How the hell do we know if there is a boost of any kind hitting the pre? Because he said so? Wow. Then yeah this pedal fucking blows.

Actually, I didn't really listen to the guitar tone as much as how horrible the guy was butchering these classic songs. I, for one, am ashamed of my own kind (guitarists) because of this travesty. I was too distracted by his failed recreation of those historic riffs to even care about what the guitars sounded like.

So, in summary, I don't care about this pedal, the TS-9 is better. I bet you anything. Maxon is better. I bet you anything. Sorry, just my 2 cents. Have a good day. :)

~006

And that guitarist is in a Van Halen tribute band..... I'd hate to hear how he plays Eruption...... 006 good thing you didn't listen to the third clip, it's scary.

But yeah, why would you spend the money on that pedal when you can get a Maxon...... Like buying a Beta tape when you can buy a DVD......

As far as I'm concerned, it's been done. Why beat a dead horse? You got your Ibanez originals, TS-808, TS-9, and even a re-issue TS-808. Then you got Maxon's take on a re-issue OD-808, the OD-9, and the OD-820. Plus BOSS has come up with a couple of useful variations with their take on an overdrive pedal. Honestly that's plenty. These guys kinda came late in the game here...c'mon now...

~006

006 said:
As far as I'm concerned, it's been done. Why beat a dead horse? You got your Ibanez originals, TS-808, TS-9, and even a re-issue TS-808. Then you got Maxon's take on a re-issue OD-808, the OD-9, and the OD-820. Plus BOSS has come up with a couple of useful variations with their take on an overdrive pedal. Honestly that's plenty. These guys kinda came late in the game here...c'mon now...

~006

U right that band :yuk: but it's not about, who sucks what

I had guitar tone from what i've got at that time, of course not that perfect at all:

shektor ---> hk tube factor ---> fender frontman 30W ---> hk vortex cab 4*12 (original speakers) ---> sm 57 ---> Art gold pre ----> yamaha 02r96 "crap" a/d convertors---> pro tools 001.

it's here

Now i've got 5150, ts9 and cab with v30, but i'mnot looking for just "bla band tone", which is a dead horse that many of us trying to ride.