XP question

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
Hey a friend of mine has offered me to use his Office XP disk which supposedly runs faster than your standard Bill "at the" Gates home version of XP. I guess it doesn't have any of that garbage promotional software that comes with XP. Have any of you tried this sort of thing? Will I have any problems running PTLE or plugins? Just an idea here.

There's a "Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" that is a 64bit version of XP, "Home", "Professional", "Media center edition", but other than that... I doubt it...

XP Professional is a non-bloated (well, considering it's windows) version of XP, it doesn't come with a lot of the stupid little features that XP Home does but instead comes with some much more useful networking tools.

I still contend that you should just forget about it. You don't even know what it is you're getting, which means you'll probably hose something up, assuming you're going to load a new OS and not MS Office (which will be of no benefit for audio).

Use the link SC posted and/or checkout www.musicxp.net and just tweak what you've got.