. yasser arafat is dead....

Get ready for World War III now. I'm sure the Palestinians will find SOME way to blame Arafat's death on the Jews. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that when the next bus is blown up in Tel-Aviv they'll say that it's revenge-- surely Arafat's doctor was Jewish and he secretly slipped rat poison into Arafat's I.V. when the nurse wasn't looking... :bah:

What I don't get is, they call him the father of their nation and stuff, yet he (for all I know, which really isn't that much) had nothing to do with the intifada, he just used it once it erupted, his private police forces were as much a part of making daily life a nightmare for Palestinians as the Israeli army and he most probably stashed away millions instead of using them to help the people. Can you enlighten me mehdi?

He always looked like the nicest dude thoguh and those scenes of jews celebrating were sick (no connection between Arafat niceness and Jew sickness intended)

Allan said:
What I don't get is, they call him the father of their nation and stuff, yet he (for all I know, which really isn't that much) had nothing to do with the intifada, he just used it once it erupted, his private police forces were as much a part of making daily life a nightmare for Palestinians as the Israeli army and he most probably stashed away millions instead of using them to help the people. Can you enlighten me mehdi?

he did start the first intifada. the one thats going on since 2000 is the second intifada that was provoked by ariel sharon's visit on a mosque in jerusalem. hes considered as the father of palestine simply because he led the resistance ever since israel won the first war against arab nations in the 1940s. but the past few years he wouldnt let go a bit of his power + the government was corrupted like fuck + israel made him steakknife to weaken him, so the last few years of his life were probably the less succesful and the less glorious.

I thought he was in exile and had nothing to do with the start of the first one, except he used it to spawn his new political career. But again, i don't really know much more than what I've learned from telly and such.