Itay

\m/ (*_-) \m/
Jul 29, 2001
@home
does anyone else heard of it??
that time is speeding up?!?!

and about year 2012,
some quotes from this a website

"2. The Mayan civilization of South America was and is the most advanced in relation to time-science knowledge. Their main calendar is the most accurate on the planet. It has never erred. They actually have 22 calendars in total, covering the many timing cycles in the Universe and Solar System. Some of these calendars are yet to be revealed.

3. The Mayan fifth world finished in 1987. The sixth world starts in 2012. So we are currently "between worlds". This time is called the "Apocalypse" or revealing. This means the real truth will be revealed. It is also the time for us to work through "our stuff" individually and collectively."

"6. In 2012 the plane of our Solar System will line up exactly with the plane of our Galaxy, the Milky Way. This cycle has taken 26,000 years to complete. Virgil Armstrong also says that two other galaxies will line up with ours at the same time. A cosmic event!

7. Time is actually speeding up (or collapsing). For thousands of years the Schumann Resonance or pulse (heartbeat) of Earth has been 7.83 cycles per second, The military have used this as a very reliable reference. However, since 1980 this resonance has been slowly rising. It is now over 12 cycles per second! This mean there is the equalivant of less than 16 hours per day instead of the old 24 hours."

i took it from those quotes from here...
http://www.2012.com.au/unlimited.html

Now what the fuck does this mumbo-jumbo have anything to do with Opeth, or music for that matter?

It does sound like a heap of mumbo jumbo. Pity... would've been nice to catch a corner of the apocalypse.

Originally posted by Wolff
Now what the fuck does this mumbo-jumbo have anything to do with Opeth, or music for that matter?

I think one of the good things about this msg board is that we have interests out side the music of Opeth and like to talk about them. I like the fact we talk about varied subjects and I actually find this interesting and like boards like this. If u don't like it just don't post on it next time

Originally posted by godisanathiest

I think one of the good things about this msg board is that we have interests out side the music of Opeth and like to talk about them. I like the fact we talk about varied subjects and I actually find this interesting and like boards like this. If u don't like it just don't post on it next time

If I come to an Opeth message board I want to read about Opeth at best, or music. Sometimes I travel and check the board once or twice a week. I don't have fucking time to weed out all the other bullshit. So instead of telling me what to do, don't post idiotic shit in here. There a billion fucking websites out there. Keep this place nice and clean.

Originally posted by Itay
does anyone else heard of it??
that time is speeding up?!?!

7. Time is actually speeding up (or collapsing). For thousands of years the Schumann Resonance or pulse (heartbeat) of Earth has been 7.83 cycles per second, The military have used this as a very reliable reference. However, since 1980 this resonance has been slowly rising. It is now over 12 cycles per second! This mean there is the equalivant of less than 16 hours per day instead of the old 24 hours."

Wow, this certainly sounds like bullshit to me. The theory seems to make the innane assertion that the speed at which time flows is dependent on the pulse of the earth, it's obviously not. Time is a very cosmic thing and (as far as we know) only affected by gravity and velocity. The pulse of the earth is no more relevent to the flow of time than the pulse of a pulsar or that crappy watch that I have that runs too slowly.

Interesting reading though, thanks for sharing what you found!

As for Wolff: How do you speak so clearly with your head so deeply embedded in your arse?

Satori

If I come to an Opeth message board I want to read about Opeth at best, or music. Sometimes I travel and check the board once or twice a week. I don't have fucking time to weed out all the other bullshit. So instead of telling me what to do, don't post idiotic shit in here. There a billion fucking websites out there. Keep this place nice and clean.

Yes indeed. Wouldn't it be nice if everything in the world was exactly as you wanted it? Keep dreaming.

Part of being an adult is accepting that which you cannot change. I suggest you simply accept that this board is a free-for-all of ideas and bullshit alike.

This line threw me: "So instead of telling me what to do, don't post idiotic shit in here. " I see you are under the delusion that only YOU have the right to tell other people what they should do with their time here.

Wolff, grow up and stop your whining. As much as you'd love to control/censor this site, you can't, and you'll just have to face that simple fact.

Satori

Satori,
You're a pothead. End of discussion.

Wow, you are even more idiotic than you first appeared. Why am I not surprised? I didn't think you had anything intelligent/insightful to say, but I thought you'd do better than that. I suspect you are simply too young to know better, and that's ok, age brings experience but ignorance lasts a lifetime; therefore you have something to look forward to, hehe.

Satori the proud sacreligious pothead

The reason there are so many assholes on the net is because it's a lot easier being an asshole online than in reallife. Let's not make things easier for them.

Shame on you wolff.

Originally posted by Satori

Yes indeed. Wouldn't it be nice if everything in the world was exactly as you wanted it? Keep dreaming.

Part of being an adult is accepting that which you cannot change. I suggest you simply accept that this board is a free-for-all of ideas and bullshit alike.

This line threw me: "So instead of telling me what to do, don't post idiotic shit in here. " I see you are under the delusion that only YOU have the right to tell other people what they should do with their time here.

Wolff, grow up and stop your whining. As much as you'd love to control/censor this site, you can't, and you'll just have to face that simple fact.

Satori

Satori,
Thanks for your condescending tone. You missed your call... "political agitator in Eastern Europe during communism" should have been. Accept things that can not change. WTF are you smoking mate? If there's one thing you can change fairly easily community guidelines on the net woul come on top.

Here's a scenario, and tell me how you like it:
"I'll post whatever mumbo-jumbo I find on the net, and after my 1034 message, let's see how much fun you'll have going back to a meaningful thread from 2 days ago. "

Or:
"Discuss Opeth matters in this forum, music matters in the music forum, and everything else in the general forum. Convenintly, it is hosted by the same site"

Ah, Wolff, think about what you're proposing here. Of course, we can discuss every Opeth riff and its advantages, but when does it stop being an intersting discussion and crosses over into mindless repetition ? Sure, the regular "What are you listening to ?" threads are a necessary therapy, but the reason I chose to read this forum is because I figured out that Opeth fans would be a diverse and intelligent bunch that would generate interesting conversations. The 'Do you believe in god' thread was the one that got me in, and the topic of this thread is interesting to me as well. I would not have stayed here only for "What is the best Opeth album" polls and similar discussions. So Wolff, my opinion on this subject is as valid as yours. Bye.

D Mullholand, a dead composer
----------------------------------------
NP: Bill Evans - Alone (again)

All those in favor of ostracizing the retard Wolff, say Aye!

You represent only a shallow minority. Most people here would rather discuss other things besides their favorite band. If you don't like it leave.

What's more pathetic people who come here to dialogue about opeth and get feedback from others on other topics, or people named "Wolff" who have nothing better to do than make asses out of themselves on the net?

Find something better to do than act like a retard on the net. This will be the last time I dignify flies like yourself.

Smart enough people don't need rules set in stone. You on the other hand, wolff, need a rule to silence you. A good name for it would be 'no excessive abuse'.

Be quiet already.

I said let the bashing start.
Is that your best shot chump?

I really like this board because everyone talks about different things, if Opeth was the only topic of discussion I would enjoy this board A WHOLE lot less, and obviously a lot of people feel the same way. Maybe you shouldn't click on a post that says "Time speeding up?!" And click on the posts that say "Is Mikael coughing or sneezing at 10:08 and 3 tenths of a second on track 3 of morningrise?"