You also have to remember, these were these were the stories of people who weren't smart enough to still have surviving members of their race....

its because they devoted most of their time to it and most of them were dedicated to solving the mysteries of space. Not like us who a majority of don't give a fuck about the world and its mysteries.

2012 is pretty convincing, but you have to keep in mind. Nowhere does it say that the world is going to end, only that the concept of time (Their calendar) is no more. With all the Mayan scriptures that were burned when the spanish ransacked the land, for all we know 2012 is just a date where they are going to (If they were still alive) make a new calendar. And as far as I know, it was rather easy for the spanish to ransack the mayan land. So if they for toled this fateful event of strangers coming to their land and ransacking, don't you think they would have prepared in advanced or something? Also you must keep in mind that the Mayans did not believe in endings, but they believed in new beginnings. It could be a whole new age of spiritual enlightenment for betterment for our past mistakes. So that taking the burning of most of the mayan scriptures into account, we can never say for sure what happens on 2012. Only time will tell.

Also, I used to talk to a teacher on Anthropology (the study of human cultures) at a college nearby. He was very intelligent in ancient civilizations, and he told me something that comforted me when I was all doom preacher status.

"Don't be afraid, the light at the end of the tunnel isn't death, but life itself."

There are also theories suggesting that something that made us humans so ignorant, will be ripped from us, such as oil. Or something that makes our economy revolve. There is all this talk about the age of enlightenment, which I think is the best possible theory.

The only thing I do hope, is that at least a small shred of humanity survives and we get a new start. Wouldn't it be cool to be apart of that little piece of humanity?
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.