2012 Opinions

yeah, the whole theism thing seems like ridiculusly gullible people people believing something that doesn't really make sense to any one that has any inteligence

Really? That in itself is gullible. I don't need to go into detail, however:

1) Most Theologians in history were "Theists".
2) Most "Non Theists" I know are so full of themselves they let something rudimentary like faith cloud their judgement, making them nearly as gullible as the people they mock.

@ the 2012 thing, Nothings gonna happen, and if something does, I hope its pillaging space vikings. Yeah we're all doomed, but at least we went out like pros.

I was talking to s co-worker today about this, and they pointed something out to me:

Do we know how many people actually believe this shit? I've never met anyone that was outright panicking like I did back for the Y2K scare. This is just a hunch(not originally mine, mind you), but I don't think anyone believes it, and the only reason anyone is talking about it is we keep furthering the discussion about how "everyone" who believes this is stupid.

Mind you, I live in the "Bible Belt" here in North Carolina(sympathy appreciated but not needed), and while I hear a LOT of talk from Baptists about the Apocalypse, not even these dumb rednecks are pointing to 2012. This is only my experience.

I was talking to s co-worker today about this, and they pointed something out to me:

Do we know how many people actually believe this shit? I've never met anyone that was outright panicking like I did back for the Y2K scare. This is just a hunch(not originally mine, mind you), but I don't think anyone believes it, and the only reason anyone is talking about it is we keep furthering the discussion about how "everyone" who believes this is stupid.

Mind you, I live in the "Bible Belt" here in North Carolina(sympathy appreciated but not needed), and while I hear a LOT of talk from Baptists about the Apocalypse, not even these dumb rednecks are pointing to 2012. This is only my experience.

I hope they know stuff like this happens everytime some person says it the end of the world.I don't believe any of this stuff anymore.

The only thing I hear about it is, "But what if it DOES happen?", Ughh..

Btw about the nasa post, I remember hearing something in 2007-8 on the nasa website that something big was heading our way, around april of 2008, they just stopped talking about it.... o_O

no philosophy!

just mattellica__________:OMG:

GD7655747@Metallica-bass-guitar-8891.jpg

I think some big changes are coming for the planet by the end of 2012, but the world won't end. The world as we know it might be done though.

I remember the hype over Y2K. It actually was a problem but tons of money and man hours were spent converting computer code so that by the time it arrived there wasn't a problem.

I remember my dad wanting to stock up on random things and I took him to our cheap little desktop and showed him where I had forwarded the BIOS clock into 2000 and that it was still working. So logically if a cheap little home pc was working fine, business computers would be fixed as well.

This is a completely different scenario. Those who posted that it is the end of one age on the Mayan calendar and the beginning of another are correct. However you left out that they expected their gods to return with the changing of the age.

I do not believe their deities are actual gods, but they could be referencing the widely referenced "Watchers", "Nephilim", etc. But ignorant cynics usually dismiss any ancient writings as fables.

I expect an open return of demonic forces posing as "gods", positioning themselves as either "saviours" while slaughtering us, or just openly hostile. Of course others will refer to them as "ETs" or whatever.

Plenty of "UFO nutjobs" are expecting their return with hope for "intelligent benevolent beings", and the Vatican has already released a statement saying aliens are our friends basically. For these reasons among many others I expect them to take the "savior of society" approach upon appearance.

The Vatican has released that statement eh? I'll probably into more what you're saying in a bit. I cant say I expect anything to happen, but I'd like to be able to understand all the forces at play here.

Come to think of it, I've seen this hour documentary a few years back containing pieces of information of the tenth planet, Nibiru, and the reptilian "God like" people who lived there. It was interesting to see places which these ancient cultures built sort of... landing strips, as well as other prints in the ground.

I cant seem to find this documentary! It WAS on you tube.

Another piece of information I remember from it. A group of scientist disembarked to an island inhabited by native people, and they had idols of aircraft from WW2, and were siting around waiting the return of the men in those ships. This island was used as an airport in WW2, But the point I'm trying to make is how interesting and dedicated these islanders were to the return of the men. The same could be said fro 2012 and these ET's. There is plenty of evidence of "spacecraft" design being illustrated in ancient text and artifacts.

The Jehova Witnesses have been predicting the day of the comming of the Lord will happen anytime soon now. Thats a good way for the potential to be correct if it were to happen.

Now Rush... who are nearly "God like"... lol could be said to have predicted a important change in 2112. They probably have as much merit at prediciting the future as primitive South Americans, Jehova Witnesses, Rasmusen, glass ball rubbing gypsys, Nostradamus, science fiction writers or Jesus.

Truth is no one knows "how it went" till its all over.

Actually there would be a little difference between making a random suggestion based on a hunch, and if the ones coming and going gave a time.

It's like if I was coming to visit you and told you when I was getting there, assuming I arrive on time, if you predicted my arrival time to someone else this is not really "predicting".

What I am saying is that if the corresponding information is correct regarding "astral visitors" then yes.

There are plenty of books and articles on the internet on this topic. Have to weed through the "OMGtehUFOsrcoming4tosaveus" shit though.

lol @ OMG____ , but myself I dont have time for any of that, it doesnt interest me. I believe one of the worst human traits is the bandwagon riding, mob mentality, swallowing what is fed them whole, lack of independant thought... it all clouds the vision.

One of the worst human traits is believing you have all the answers and therefore can't sacrifice pleasure time to increase knowledge and understanding, which is basically the root of mob mentality problems.

If you are suggesting I am subject to mob mentality or lacking of independent thought, I must lol.