The 2012 Enigma

You're posting alarmist bullshit in an alarmist bullshit thread. If you put so much value in the question mark, why not look to the real and important questions of the day - Will we find the Higgs boson? Will it be possible to test string theory experimentally? Will the massive bullshit content filling the current political system explode and finally bring about meaningful change? Will Reaper finally be available on Mac? This is junk food, compared to substantial questions about the fabric of reality and the progress of humanity.

Jeff

I completely understand you. I do ? these concerns. Reality is held by very few. Reaper I'm not going to use till it's awesome on a Mac. This in fact is disinformation as I see it.

You're posting alarmist bullshit in an alarmist bullshit thread. If you put so much value in the question mark, why not look to the real and important questions of the day - Will we find the Higgs boson? Will it be possible to test string theory experimentally? Will the massive bullshit content filling the current political system explode and finally bring about meaningful change? Will Reaper finally be available on Mac? This is junk food, compared to substantial questions about the fabric of reality and the progress of humanity.

Jeff

My question: Will Mythbusters ever do an episode where they test the "Skunk Works magnetism vs. gravity experiment?"
I seem to remember someone from Lockheed stating something like this (I'm operating from memory here) .....Galileo stated that all objects are attracted to the earth by the same force & therefore should fall at the same rate. The guy from Lockheed stated that he tried this: Two pairs of magnets strapped together, one with opposite poles touching, the other with like poles jammed together. Dropped off a building at the same time, the pair with the like poles touching hit the ground second. The guy stated "it's going to take a few years to develop the technology"

That was a few years ago.... ...I'm curious as to whatever happened with this.

If you could link it I'd appreciate it... I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Jeff

I'll dig something up later tonight.... I have no idea how legit the claim is, but it does sound intriguing. Ockham's razor concludes that this might be a little more legit than the end of the world because an ancient calendar designed by a sun-worshipping, human sacrificing religion said so.

I mean, let's get real: The Mayans can tell the exact date and time of the end of the world, but never quite figured out electricity, gunpowder or even trans oceanic travel?

He mentions "the golden ratio", 1.618 which is the harmonic or sacred cut which is the basis of all life and all growth.

I'm using this in every compression setting from now on ...

Is the harmonic / sacred cut a low cut or high cut? Wanna know where to set my EQ also ...

I WILL bring about the end of the world as we know it and create world peace Wyld Stallions style when I write and record the next Shadowdance cd ...

these new plug-in setting are only 2 of my tools

by the way, anyone else think this dude was the only one dancing around in a fairy circle?

'Golden ratio'... as if there were only one.

The golden ratios are just the solutions to the equation x^2=x+1 - the one people splooge over is the positive one ( (1+sqrt(5))/2 ), leading many to believe erroneously that there's only one, but for some reason people decide that it needs to have some mystical pseudoreligious aura about it... nothing all that special about them, honestly. There are much more interesting numbers out there.

Jeff

I mean, let's get real: The Mayans can tell the exact date and time of the end of the world, but never quite figured out electricity, gunpowder or even trans oceanic travel?

The Mayan calendar only predicted astronomical events, as Lunar and Solar Eclipses, and Comets passing, i think earthquakes and that stuff, not hitler, or JFK Assasination, Again, the experts says that the mayan calendar DO NOT predict the end of the world, the mayan calendar ENDS on December 21 of 2012, and some changes supposed to happen, but not the end of the world. they were no prophets, but they supposed to be very good predicting astronomical shit (this is attributed to aliens coming and teach them that stuff, like in many others cultures like the egipcian etc.)

The mayans do believe in (i think) four Solar Ages, and in that date the fourth age is coming, it has something to do with the earth possition in the galaxy, or some shit like that, im not expert, i just followed a little about this