The Odyssey Cover!

i'm listening to the intro... unfortunately a lot of it seems VERY far out from the original....

now i'm listening to part 2 and i'm really missing russel allen about now.

a nice idea and some good approach but they should try to get in tune :(

btw, profana is the exact opposite of profound ;)

Oh, PLEASE..."really missing Russell Allen around now"...then listen to the CD. Nobody professed them to be as good as SX. Obviously they love the music too and decided to play the longest song. I think they deserve props just for doing it as well as they did. I have total respect for these guys.

If I ever get to the point I can play the Odyssey on guitar (lol not likely), I guess I'll just do it by myself and never play it for anybody. Somebody might say something like "I'm really missing Michael Romeo around now."

Oh, PLEASE..."really missing Russell Allen around now"...then listen to the CD. Nobody professed them to be as good as SX. Obviously they love the music too and decided to play the longest song. I think they deserve props just for doing it as well as they did. I have total respect for these guys.

If I ever get to the point I can play the Odyssey on guitar (lol not likely), I guess I'll just do it by myself and never play it for anybody. Somebody might say something like "I'm really missing Michael Romeo around now."

Quick! Someone call the WAAAHHHHHHHmbulance!

Seriously thouhg, what's with the fucken chick dancing around like an r-tard? And the guitarist looks like a goon. Pretty good for a laugh, but they are so out of tune that it's hardly worth listening to. Pretty terrible cover.

I'll release a cover of some symphony x song and expect everyone to praise me and blow flowers up my ass since i made an attempt at a SIMFUNY ECKS song.

Oh man, the vocals jsut came in. Bad times my friends.

Yeah I would definitely cream myself at the chance to play this or hear it played, but that orchestra = :erk:

I have only one thing to say: to do something like this band did, you gotta have some BALLS. And by that, I mean REAL BALLS. Dude, Symphony X itself never tried something like this, neither in studio.

My congrats to them.

†Russel Allen†®;6237749 said:
I have only one thing to say: to do something like this band did, you gotta have some BALLS. And by that, I mean REAL BALLS. Dude, Symphony X itself never tried something like this, neither in studio.

My congrats to them.

Balls or stupidity. You pick.

[ ]Balls
[X]Stupidity

The guitarist's tone is horrible..
I saw everybody bashing the video and was like "I'm just not gonna watch." But then I saw this and was just like "Fuck, now I have to watch it." And my ears are practically bleeding.

It wasn't really all bad. Actually, I think the drummer did really good job. And there are some parts where the whole package is very good.

And to all the bashers: Ok, maybe it was a bit out of tune and there is no Russel Allen, but still... I doubt any of you could do it better. I know I couldn't drum it that well.

The audience is too loud...

not too shabby...obviously a beast of a cover to take a stab at...I applaud the effort
41.gif