Best SX cover I ever seen.

The music is great, the vocalist..
Really its not fair with Symphony X covers because Russel Allen is such a great vocalist and when you hear a cover by another band you just think that the vocalist is inferior and its so hard not to think that. Really, Russel Allen aside, I think that the vocalist sucked.

yea the singer was above average I thought of course not Russ but all the other covers I seen on youtube the singer is really not even close at least this guy was in the right vocal range and pretty close on all the notes.

+1 cute chick on keyboards
+1 bassist (even though he MISSED TEH FILLL IN TEH INTROO OMG HIS BASS HAS NOO HEADSTOCK!1!1!!11)
-1 vocalist
+1 guitarist
+1 drummer

The musicians had it down pretty good (except for the missing bass fill in the intro... maybe the missing headstock on his bass walked away with it). But yeah, that singer = don't want to listen to. However, he is better than most singers who try to cover Symphony X material.

actually here is a link to one of the best SX covers i've heard yet. its done by some guys over at the johnpetrucci forums. the singers voice is a lot lighter than allens, but alteast he is smooth.

Sea of Lies

^

Quick, everyone listen to that cover by Sir Guyika. Now, musicianship aside (because whoever covered it has excellent chops), imagine Symphony X...fronted by Sebastian Bach prior to recording the first Skid Row album.

Oh boy. That tickles me funny bone.

Cool, that guy had a Steinberger bass. Good cover. Really good.

That sea of lies cover was really good. Even though the singer sounded like Rod Tyler only even screechier. Maybe it was a girl. They were actually pretty right on, but the tone was horrible. I wish I could cover the song that well. I like the bass a lot. I can never play the second half of the second bar perfectly. I'm on a fretless though.

As said before ... the band was quite decent.

But in all honesty I sing better Symphony X covers than that guy.

Only note I can't hit for some reason in a S-X song is the chorus in Eyes of Medusa; it's right in that gay range...not high enough or low enough to be easy.

Odyssey is cake though :headbang:

God S-X is good. Hahah

If you read the comments on Sir Guyika's page, it seems people think Sea of Lies is their original song! And they're from Jersey, too! Wow.

Whoever said that singer sounds like Rod Tyler = +1. The music is excellent, though.

yeah i think the singer in the Sea of Lies cover is a young guy, but hey he's in key and smooth, the kid can sing. He's just a drastically different voice type compared to Russ.

and yeah I noticed people think it was an original... haha!

His tone sounds like a punk for goodness sake. It's kind of like Tyler. And I'm not saying he has to be like Russ either.

Heh, that's funny that people think it was original too.

His tone sounds like a punk for goodness sake. It's kind of like Tyler. And I'm not saying he has to be like Russ either.

Heh, that's funny that people think it was original too.

yeah i mentioned on the DT boards that he had a punk vibe, but the kid can sing, u gotta admit that.